Concentra utilizes the Fluzone Quadrivalent flu vaccine, which protects against four virus strains. The Fluzone vaccine contains an inactivated form of the virus so it cannot give you the flu. There are several benefits to getting a flu shot, including:
- Get the best possible protection against the flu
- Lower your odds of missing time away from work and other activities
- Reduce the severity of symptoms should you get the flu
- Minimize the risk to your health and the health of your family
Published research has described human behaviors concerning flu shots. Some top characteristics of people who decide to get a flu shot include:
- They care about protecting society, the community, and their work group
- They are encouraged by their family, friends, and employers to get a flu shot
- They are interested in protecting their health
- They are taking steps to improve their health in other ways
Congratulations if you are generally healthy!
Supporting your immunity through a healthy diet and lifestyle can put you are a step ahead. But flu season is fickle. No one knows in advance how severe it will be or who will be most affected. Getting a flu shot is extra protection, even if you are generally healthy.