Return-to-Work Assessment and Testing Services
In just a few months, Coronavirus (COVID-19) has dramatically changed the business landscape. As cities and states restart economic activity, employers are confronting the challenge of how to safely pick up where they left off. Concentra is prepared to provide workforce solutions designed to meet your immediate and long-term needs. Concentra offers COVID-19 RNA testing to detect the virus in asymptomatic individuals. RNA testing, when positive, indicates active infection.
Talk to an expert
By working with Concentra, your employees’ COVID-19 status will be assessed by experienced clinicians who can apply their medical knowledge and experience to evaluate the risk of each individual employee and the risk of your workforce at large. And with Concentra, you have the added assurance that services will be delivered consistently from more than 520 Concentra medical centers across your employee population. Complete the form to get started.
Additional Information and Resources
A Message from Concentra’s Chief Medical Officer
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Vaccine – CDC Guidance for TB Testing and Other Vaccines
Due to the current lack of data regarding potential interactions with the COVID-19 vaccine, the CDC recommends that:
- Any individual receiving the COVID-19 vaccine should defer TB blood and skin tests for four weeks after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine series if not performed before or during the same visit as the 1st COVID-19 vaccine was administered.
- All employees should still receive TB symptom screenings.
- No other vaccines should be administered for two weeks before or after either dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series. There may be some scenarios where a vaccine may be administered to an employee when the benefits of vaccination outweigh possible risks of interaction with COVID-19 vaccine, such as post-exposure scenarios (e.g., hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies or tetanus vaccine after wound management).
Concentra complies with CDC recommendations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and TB testing and administration of other vaccines.
These recommendations are subject to change. Please refer to the CDC Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Currently Authorized in the United States for the most current information and recommendations.
Coronavirus Testing for Return-to-Work Clearance
Concentra medical centers now offer COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic employees to provide clearance for return to work.
Concentra recommends initial screening using our COVID-19 Assessment. Your employees complete our assessment questionnaire and a Concentra clinician reviews the responses to determine if the employee may go to work or if testing for active COVID-19 infection or an in-person clinical examination is recommended.
Concentra offers COVID-19 RNA testing to detect the virus in asymptomatic individuals. RNA testing, when positive, indicates active infection. Services include:
- COVID-19 assessment for the evaluation of furloughed employees or after an extended absence prior to return to work
- Evaluation of employees who are COVID-19 exposed, suspected, or confirmed positive
- Evaluation of employees who are exposure to COVID-19 illness, or travel from a high-risk area
To request an evaluation, please call your local Concentra medical center.
Employees will need to complete all sections of the forms, which includes the assessment questionnaire.
Please note: Concentra medical centers are not performing diagnostic testing for COVID-19 for symptomatic individuals.
FMCSA Conditional Waivers for Pre-placement Drug Testing
FMCSA grants a three-month waiver from certain pre-employment testing requirements applicable to employers of drivers subject to 49 CFR part 382. This action responds to the President’s Executive Order No. 13924, Regulatory Relief to Support Economic Recovery, issued on May 19, 2020, related to the economic consequences of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) public health emergency.
Risk Factors and Symptoms of Coronavirus
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides guidelines on risk factors and symptoms and offers the Coronavirus Self Checker to help individuals make decisions about seeking appropriate medical care.
Minimizing the Risk of Exposure
Concentra is taking all possible precautions to minimize the risk of exposure to patients and our staff. We have implemented several measures to address potential COVID-19 cases, including:
- Posted notifications on the doors to our centers to instruct individuals with COVID-19 symptoms to use drive-through/outdoor testing stations where available or contact their health care provider or local health department.
- Rigorous clinical triage including use of a screening questionnaire. Should we identify as a potential COVID-19 case, the patient will be immediately moved to designated areas or rooms to separate this individual from other patients and our staff.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols that include frequent disinfection of door handles and other hard surfaces to help reduce and mitigate possible contamination. Hand sanitizer is available and frequent hand washing is encouraged.
Face Coverings and MasksConcentra is now requiring all patients to wear a face covering or mask when visiting a Concentra medical center to help protect other patients and our staff from exposure to COVID-19. We request patients bring/wear their own face covering or mask, but if they do not have one, we will provide one for their use. Patients who refuse to wear a face covering or mask may be asked to leave the medical center.
Occupational Spirometry and Fit Testing
Respirator Exams and Fit Testing Guidelines
- Before respirator fit testing is conducted, employees must undergo a respirator medical exam. Click here for more details
- Download guidance on N95 and filtering facepiece respirators.
- Learn more about respirator medical exams and fit testing at Concentra.
- Refer to OSHA’s resource to better understand and comply with OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard during the pandemic.
Find a Concentra Location
Concentra Telemed® is the first telemedicine platform designed for the treatment of work-related injuries and illnesses. Since its launch in 2017, thousands of employees nationwide have trusted Concentra Telemed clinicians to provide the right care at the right time — no need to leave work or home. Using a smartphone or computer, an employee can connect with a licensed Concentra clinician and receive immediate attention to minor medical issues, work injury care rechecks, physical therapy, and more. Click here to get started.
In addition, Concentra has recently expanded its offering. If you and/or your employees have an existing relationship with a center and want to continue working with the team you know and trust, telemedicine visits can be arranged by calling the center directly. Contact information for all Concentra medical centers is available on Concentra.com. Services will be provided during current hours of operation and include:
- Initial treatment of minor, work-related injuries and illnesses
- Rechecks for employees who were previously seen at a Concentra medical center
- Concentra Telerehab® for employees who were previously seen at a Concentra medical center and want to continue physical therapy regimens at home
- Return-to-work evaluations for asymptomatic employees with possible exposure to COVID-19
Please visit the Concentra Telemed web page to see our complete offering and learn how to get started.
Resources for Employers
Resources for Employees