Telemedicine for existing customers
Ready to Treat Your Injured or Ill Employees
Before employees can use Concentra Telemed, their employer must submit a treatment authorization on their behalf. This online authorization grants Concentra® permission to treat employees for workers’ compensation injuries or illnesses using our telemedicine platform. The employer must submit a treatment authorization each time an employee plans to use Concentra Telemed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do my employees access Concentra Telemed?
How does a Concentra Telemed visit work?
- After signing up on a computer or smartphone and logging into www.concentratelemed.com – or the Concentra Telemed app – the employee will be “checked in” by a telemedicine care coordinator.
- The care coordinator will ask the employee some questions about the injury and medical history. This will help determine if the employee needs in-person treatment, so there is no delay in care.
- If the visit is appropriate for telemedicine, the employee will be sent to a virtual waiting room. Because it’s virtual, the employee can keep working while waiting to see a clinician, if it’s safe. The employee can also set up a text alert to be notified when the clinician is ready and then proceed with the appointment.
- The employee will be connected to the next available Concentra clinician for treatment.
- The clinician will provide an evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan.
- After the appointment, the employee will be “checked out” from the virtual visit. Any necessary follow-up care will be scheduled. The appropriate forms will be generated and sent to the appropriate contacts via secure email.
How long does a Concentra Telemed visit last?
The length of each telemedicine visit varies depending on each employee’s treatment needs. It’s worth noting that with telemedicine, no time is spent traveling to and from a medical facility.
Where should my employees conduct their telemedicine visit?
We recommend offering your employees a quiet, private location where no one can hear the employee or view the employee’s device. You may choose to dedicate an empty office or room, if available.
How do I know if an employee should use Concentra Telemed instead of seeing a clinician in person?
Our clinical guidelines help determine which work-related injuries and illnesses are appropriate for Concentra Telemed. Our Concentra Telemed care coordinators also screen employees when they log in to ensure they’re triaged to the correct place. If deemed necessary, our Concentra Telemed care coordinators will refer your employees to our nearby medical center or an emergency department.
What can Concentra Telemed treat?
Concentra Telemed can treat relatively minor injuries that don’t require an in-person physical examination, such as:
- Grade I and II strains/sprains
- First-degree burns
- Back strains/sprains
- Neck strains/sprains
- Tendonitis/repetitive-use injuries
- Bloodborne pathogen (BBP) exposures
- Routine first aid
Rechecks (When recovery is progressing and hands-on procedures are not needed)
- Some wound and laceration checks
- Second-degree burns
- Moderate cervical and low back injuries
- Significant sprains, strains and contusions
- Routine post-operative checks
Can employees access Concentra Telemed on any mobile device?
Recommended mobile device options are as follows:
- Any Apple (iOS) device newer than 3 years old and running iOS 8 or higher
- Any Android device newer than 2 years old and running Android 4.4 or higher
For the best experience using the mobile app, a Wi-Fi connection of 4G or higher is recommended using a current iOS or Android device with a mic and webcam.
What other services are available through Concentra Telemed?
COVID-19 Return-to-Work Evaluation: Evaluate employees who tested positive for or were potentially exposed to COVID-19 before they return to work.
Physical Therapy: Employees previously seen at a Concentra medical center for physical therapy may be eligible to use our telemedicine platform to continue their rehab sessions.
Telemedicine Transfer-of-Care Evaluation: Employees who were injured at work and began treatment with another health care provider may have the option to transfer work injury care to Concentra via Concentra Telemed.
Some of the additional telemedicine services require an appointment and/or authorization. Other conditions may also apply. Contact your nearby Concentra medical center for more information.
Can my employees use Concentra Telemed in different states?
Is Concentra Telemed only available via video chat, or could an injured or ill employee also contact a provider via phone?
To provide your employees with the best possible care, Concentra Telemed visits will only be conducted through video. Due to the nature of occupational injuries and illnesses, quality visits must use video. Employees will also have the option to wait to connect until they’re able to use video for the visit.
Is Concentra Telemed secure?
Yes. Concentra Telemed is HIPAA-compliant and designed to securely transmit patient information. We do not store patient records via this platform. The video visit is also not recorded or stored.
What if an employee needs help with the platform?
If an employee needs help or has technical issues using Concentra Telemed, call us at 855.835.6337.