Physical Therapy Support Specialist
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
As a Concentra Physical Therapy Support Specialist you will perform a variety of tasks in a clinic setting, ensuring that every patient is treated the Concentra Way: with quality clinical care and by providing an excellent patient experience from welcoming, respectful and skillful colleagues.
• Reviews initial referral request for therapy services.
• Reviews PT Authorization Guidelines and Protocol notes.
• Contacts appropriate payor (employer/insurance carrier) to obtain authorization for requested therapy services.
• Submits required documentation to payor to assist in authorization process.
• Notifies the patient of scheduled therapy appointment(s)
• Documents all appropriate information per Policy and Procedure.
• Communicates referral status and/or non-standard issues to the referring Provider, Center Therapy Director, CSS Manager, and other involved parties.
• Communicates with center staff as necessary.
• Submits appropriate reports to CSS Manager/Area Therapy Director.
• Escorts patients and coordinate flow
• Pulls medical records and process charts
• Calls patients that failed to report for therapy treats
• Maintains authorization process/logs
• Tracks Plan of Care. Attends center staff meetings as required. Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
• Walk patients from therapy to the exam room and write the appropriate information on the provider board.
• Print transcriptions and reports for Center Therapy Director
• Call patients daily to remind them of their appointment for the next day and fill out appropriate log.
• Call patients who have missed their appointment and document in the patient chart the reason for the missed appointment.
• Wash/Fold therapy linens, Wipe down treatment tables, Refill ultra sound bottles
• Check temperature of hydrocollator / paraffin bath and record in daily log
• Performs HPEs
• Maintain inventory of therapy supplies and printed forms
• Discard electrodes of discharged patients
• Put together packets for Group Health Marketing
• Fill/change water as needed in hot pack collator.
• Defrost cold pack collator.
• Performs department cleaning
• Completes Essential Functions inventory form
• Assists with patient set up/take down. Supervises exercise programs
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Previous medical office experience
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required tasks.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Center Achievement Bonuses
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $19.66 to $25.56 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans