Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician to help us keep America's workforce healthy.
Your patients, as well as your medical and support team, will look to you for your excellent problem solving and leadership skills. The treatments you provide will make a tremendous difference in the lives of those who look to us for care and comfort.
At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard. In addition to patient care, every Physician has the opportunity to make an impact on procedures and policies at the Center.
- Employee Health/Occupational Medicine focused: Pre-employment physicals, maintenance exams, surveillance testing, treatment of minor injuries sustained at work
- Urgent Care offered to the general public: Acute injuries and illnesses, sports physicals, travel health services.
- This is a small percentage of patient visits in Virginia
The health and safety of you and our patients is our priority. At this time, we are not accepting sick visits presenting with COVID-like symptoms.
At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard. In addition to patient care, every Physician has the opportunity to make an impact on procedures and policies at the Center. Take a closer look at Concentra.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinical environment 100% outpatient
- Minimal travel - 2 locations:
- Glen Allen
- **Additional opportunity (optional): new locations in Chesapeake & Newport News, VA
- Shift times:
- Monday - Friday only
- No nights or weekends
- Work alongside full time Physician Medical Director or Nurse Practitioner
- OnSite Physical Therapy Department
- Robust front & back office support team
- Digital X-ray OnSite
- Allscripts Touchworks EMR
- See on average, 3 patients per hour
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in a related ABMS or AOA recognized specialty
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Active and unrestricted Virginia medical license
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare for Urgent Care patients
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date, if not already certified
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Claims Based Medical Malpractice Coverage with Tail
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Category 1 CME Credit Opportunities
- FMCSA NRCME certification (if not already certified)
- Concentra Perks Colleague Discount Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans