Coding and Compliance Specialist
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
The Remote Coding and Compliance Specialist supports the Concentra Clinicians by performing remote analysis of E/M code assignment, level of service trends, as well as ancillary coding (x-ray, procedures, medication, etc.) and charge capture. In addition, the Specialist provides remote education, feedback and training of the review results to both our employed and contracted clinicians on their levels of service, charge capture and documentation. They also serve as a subject matter expert for their assigned region for coding and documentation related questions. All clinician feedback and communication will be performed via telephone or Zoom.
100% Remote Opportunity, Company provides the equipment
***$1500 Sign on Bonus****
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Requires at least one credential through AHIMA or AAPC (CPC, COC, CCS, CCS-P, CEMC, CPMA, etc.). The credential(s) must be up-to-date and verifiable through these organizations.
• Customarily has at least three or more years of experience working as a certified Coder
• Perform compliance audits for designated clinicians/centers consistent with established audit protocols and Nationally recognized guidelines. Meet the production and QA standards as set out in Concentra Coding and Compliance policies.
• Accurately assign Evaluation and Management level of service codes in accordance with the current, state adopted, E/M guidelines. Determine the documented level of service from the medical record.
• Organize and schedule training that is indicated from audit results, denial and down coding
trends, and/or as requested by medical leadership, center leadership or Central Billing Office
• Assist CBO with reconsideration, appeals process and coding support as requested
• Provide clinician support, education and training related to the quality of documentation, level of
service, procedure and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and
• Assist Medical Leadership in development of clinician training plans and for active support in the
training process under guidance of coding leadership
• Monitor Coding and State Workers’ Compensation changes to ensure that most current
information is available
• Special projects which may include activities such as performing coding and documentation
audits through the transcription portal or other necessary initiatives
• Familiarity with state specific workers' compensation regulations
• Moderate computer skills with programs such as Power-Point, Word, Excel, Access and similar
• Working knowledge of routine and non-routine concepts, practices and procedures within billing,
coding and auditing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Travel: Moderate (may include overnight) minimal travel requirement by land or air is required of employee in this
position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking
surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (Will resume after travel restrictions lifted)
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
• Life Insurance/Disability
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program
• Full Time Remote position
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.