Quality Assurance Analyst II
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of quality assurance to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
The IS Quality Assurance Analyst II, in partnership with multiple development teams is responsible for developing, improving, and executing manual and automated testing scenarios and scripts for Concentra’s application services that will further result in the expedient delivery of quality driven software to enable the company’s business growth plans.
- Development, modification, and execution of both manual and automated testing scripts to ensure the highest quality of delivered software by identifying deviations from intended functionality
through all phases of quality testing
- Development and maturation of test plans that adhere to best practice standards in design, address functional requirements in practice, and manageable through applicable governance practices
- Work to ensure that new software will work, as intended, across a diverse set of operating systems and platforms immediately. Facilitate the communication and resolution of discovered defects early and regularly between developers, DevOps, and operations teams
- Champion the importance of production defect traceability by participating in root cause analysis activities, identifying potential gaps in requirements (test case scope/complexity) or test case
execution, and adjust accordingly to close those gaps
- Development conversion of existing manual test cases into automated scripts
- Improve and automate test strategies and software configurations
- Define test strategies and test manuals for tracking and fixing software issues
- Develop and execute test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, creating test data when required
- Participate in defining and communicating best practices
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience and education
- In lieu of an undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college is equal to one year of directly related work experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least five years of experience developing test plans, test data creation, and manual test scripts This experience should include a composite of the following experience types:
- Customarily has at least three years of experience with software testing operating in a continuous delivery/integration delivery
- Customarily has at least three years of testing automation
- Customarily has at least two years of experience in HP ALM, HP QFT/UFTSmartBear Test Complete or HP UFT
- Previous health care industry experience within both the provider and payer markets would be a major
- Strong experience with high volume EMR, PMS, ERP and ecommerce/partner connectivity
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- A history of customer-centricity and innovation that leads to market leading IT solutions
- Proven skills in maintaining clear and concise communications to the management team to keep them informed of current strategic plans and applications/systems service operation activities
- Technical leadership through creativity, strategic thinking, and Has a driven personality, “can do attitude,” and results-oriented style. Experience supporting multiple products, estimating project resource requirements, and managing product delivery schedules and associated risks are essential.
- Strong communications skills across the IT organization, business units, and customers
- Strong competencies in strategic planning and visioning to identify new and emerging technologies that can be used to drive Continuous Delivery in new computing architecture environments. Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective testing strategies to address diverse and complex business
- Proven capabilities in building relationships among peers and management in other regions and business units to drive collaboration
- The QA Analyst will possess the following critical leadership skills and competencies:
- Strong grasp of testing automation frameworks, tools, and approaches:
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools; JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Clover, SmartBear Test Complete, SmartBear QA Complete, Experience with performance testing tools preferably Neotys’ Experience in cross browser testing.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Is an original thinker and able to come up with valuable This individual will quickly grasp the essence and root causes of an issue. Thinks “big picture”, looking towards the broadest possible view. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work and can project them into the future. Develops competitive and breakthrough plans within a strategic framework. Paints credible vision of possibilities. Good at integrating different ideas and points of view.
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with troubleshooting/identifying application defects occurring in one or more of the Microsoft .NET, J2EE, or PowerBuilder technology stack Experience conducting test execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting utilizing data either residing within or queried from a database utilizing SQL.
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal and external Gains trust and respect through open dialogue. Seeks to understand and anticipate the needs of others, practicing attentive and active listening. Steps up to conflicts by managing them as opportunities and is able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. Presents facts in a depersonalized and helpful manner. Represents own interests and points of view while being fair to colleagues. Is able to flex their style to meet the requirements of changing situations and the needs of other people. Seeks feedback for personal learning
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Communicates a clear mission with a compelling vision that inspires associates. Brings to life support and enthusiasm for the vision with a clear map and milestones. Sets a high- performance climate where colleagues have the opportunity to do what they do Finds ways to deploy their strengths and encourages their development. Builds high performing team behaviors with a strong sense of belonging, team spirit and pride. Treats others fairly with trust, dignity, and respect. Embraces diversity by creating inclusive high trust relationships. Has the courage to hold honest candid discussions while being direct and forceful or diplomatic as required.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Ability to build and execute the principles and technical practices that enable rapid, incremental delivery of high quality, valuable new functionality to Through automation of the build, deployment, and testing process, and improved collaboration between developers, testers, and operations, delivery teams can get changes released in a matter of hours.
- Delivers Consistent Results
- Secures business success and sustainable growth through “bottom line” and action Creates focus by evaluating and prioritizing the areas with the greatest impact and eliminating less valuable activities. Focuses on accountability and delivery without blame, pushes and motivates self and others for results. Faces challenge head on. Knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels. Breaks down work into process steps. Develops schedules and tasks. Quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and adjusts for roadblocks measuring performance against goals. Learns from mistakes and seeks and applies continuous improvement. Has the functional/technical knowledge required to do the job and works to keep this knowledge current.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if required.
*This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management*
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans