Drug Screen Technician Pontiac, MI
Performs drug screens from various mediums including urine, hair and alcohol (when applicable and certified) in accordance with Concentra policies and practices and government regulations and drug screen regulations.
• Performs urine drug screens (UDS) for both DOT and Non-DOT drug screens using the proper chain of custody and ensuring proper preparation for pick-up and shipment to the appropriate lab.
• Performs alcohol testing and forwards results to employer in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Maintains proper storage and organization of chain of custody by client company and house accounts.
• Maintains adequate collection materials for all laboratories.
• Maintains proper procedures and supplies used for hair collection.
• Assists in medical record maintenance.
• Assists in result reporting with the approval of the Center Administrator.
• Performs check-in and check-out procedures in accordance with front desk policy and procedures.
• Maintains current rules and regulations from DOT on drug screens and alcohol testing.
• Educates staff on policy changes and procedures.
• Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Provides excellent customer service to all patients, clients and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
• Dedicated to exceeding customer and patient expectations as measured by NPER/NPS/TATs.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• UDS Certification
• Hair Collection Certification
• The ability to obtain and maintain the Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited school (credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations) or Military Medical Specialist with current Medical Assistant credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
• Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Previous medical office experience
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled