Physician Center Director Private Employee Health Clinic
More time for your patients and more time for you. It’s time to learn more about careers at Concentra.
As one of the largest health care companies in the nation, Concentra has an exciting opportunity for you. If you are passionate about promoting healthy lifestyle changes and to support our focus on health, wellness and the patient experience, this position is a perfect fit.
This opportunity is not with our (open to the public) Concentra Urgent Care - this opportunity is with a private clinic (referred to as an "OnSite" facility), providing healthcare services specifically to employees of a particular organization.
OnSite clinical care offers many advantages including the opportunity to develop strong relationships with the employees and to coach them to live healthier lives. You will work as a team with a center manager and front & back office support. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about the employees and to assess factors that impact their personal wellbeing. This role is a truly unique experience focusing on patient well-being and clinical care.
- Clinic location: West Palm Beach FL 33406
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. No nights or weekends required
- Patient Population: Adults only; up to 15 patients per day
- Scope of services: Workplace health/employee health: preventive services and treatment of occupational injuries and exposures
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS UNIQUE:
- At our Concentra OnSites, the focus is on quality of care rather than on patient volume. You will be asked to see on average, no more than 15 patients per day.
- You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement various health and wellness programs in order to help our patients stay healthy & safe in their careers.
- Our onsite centers are only open to our employer partner's employees. You will have the opportunity to develop long standing relationships with this patient population, build their trust, and truly help influence their health and wellbeing.
- You will have access to clinical best practices and our Medical Expert Panel recommendations.
- This is an opportunity to practice medicine as you envisioned it without having to complete all of the paperwork required by payers in the community practice setting.
At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard. In addition to patient care, every Physician has the opportunity to make an impact on procedures and policies at the Center.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
- Warm and welcoming clinic environment.
- Medical support staff to assist in the day to day operation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with and supports Center Medical Director and to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association, and Concentra.
- Meets with Center Medical Director to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Works with the Center Operations Director to ensure daily operational readiness.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to ancillary medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Coordinate with and refer patients to employer sponsored wellness/benefit programs.
- Interfaces with the client contact and Concentra leadership to report on aggregate data pulled from the EMR. These stewardship reports take place quarterly and provide the client with a better understanding of the return on their investment in the health center.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in an ABMS or AOA recognized specialty
- Occupational Medicine experience required
- Active and unrestricted Florida medical license *ACN not accepted
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Generous Paid Time Off Package, including more than 6 weeks of paid time off annually
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans