Physician Clinic Medical Director - St. Petersburg, FL
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
More time for your patients and more time for you. It’s time to learn more about careers at Concentra. This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
St. Petersburg, FL
- Weekdays only, 8am-5pm
- 4 day work-week; one weekday OFF
- We are not open nights or weekends
- Occupational Medicine/Workplace Health Focused
- Clinical environment - 100% Outpatient
- OnSite Digital Xray
- OnSite Physical Therapy Department
- Collaborate with local specialist partners for care as needed:
- Robust front & back-office support teams
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
- Physician Team Flexible Dress Code: Business professional attire or Plain Black Scrubs
Drives delivery of exceptional patient care and provides a superb patient and employer experience.
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an
- exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
- Manages clinicians and support staff and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes. Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours. Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and workflows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in an ABMS or AOA recognized specialty preferred
- Active and unrestricted Florida medical license
- Unrestricted DEA license and dispensing license for state of jurisdiction (required prior to start date)
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare (While this is a very small percentage of patients we see annually, this is a credentialing requirement for Urgent Care, as we accept all forms of insurance– you cannot be currently ‘opted out’ or ineligible to participate)
- FMCSA NRCME certification (required prior to start date, we provide this CME for those not already certified)
This is a W2 employed opportunity – we do not offer 1099/contractor options
- Compensation package (x4)
- Competitive base salary with annual merit increase opportunity
- Monthly Director Stipend
- Monthly RVU Bonus Incentive
- Quarterly Quality Care Bonus Incentive
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Claims Based Medical Malpractice Coverage; Tail Provided
- Annual CME Allowance
- Reimbursement for dues on renewal of applicable licensure, certifications, memberships, etc
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off package for new colleagues include:
- 24 days of Paid Time Off (annually, with roll-over)
- 6 days of Paid Illness Days (annually, with roll-over)
- 5 days of Paid CME Time (annually)
- Paid Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Concentra PerksAtWork: Corporate Discounts with most Fortune 500 goods & services
- Blue 365 added benefits and discounts
- Relocation Assistance or Student Loan Assistance available upon request in select locations
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Concentra is a drug free workplace, and all new colleagues will complete a pre-employment UDS.