Schedule: Full Time; M-F 8:30am to 5pm
Offering up to a $4000 sign-on bonus!
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra® pioneered the occupational medicine industry in 1979. Today, we’re redefining the future of health at work with best-in-class processes for integrated workplace health programs, leading technology and software, and skilled teams of expert clinicians that continue to lead the industry in workplace health innovation.
- #1 provider of occupational medicine in the United States
- 45 years in occupational medicine
- 700 medical centers and onsite clinics nationwide
- 11,000+ colleagues
- 7,000,000+ annual patient visits
- 100% of the Fortune 100 works with Concentra
As the nation’s #1 work health provider, we help millions of patients each year get back to work as safer and more productive employees. We proudly own and operate 500+ outpatient clinics across the United States, offering Occupational Medicine, Urgent Care, Physical Therapy and Advanced Specialist services. As we’ve grown, we’ve expanded into Wellness Services, Onsite Health and Telemedicine. Our practice is responsible for treating one out of every five injuries sustained in the workplace, and we stand behind our mission to improve the health of America’s workforce, one patient at a time. Our work makes us a trusted resource for some of the country’s largest employers, enabling our teams to give back to their local communities in a unique way. At Concentra, delivering quality health care requires a strong team at all levels of our organization.
Concentra will empower you to learn and perform a variety of facets in medical care. Not only will you manage diagnostic x-ray exams and produce x-ray imaging, you will also have the opportunity to support and directly perform other routine procedures and assist the back office team. Join Concentra, and you’ll experience a culture where the opportunities to advance your career are endless! We’ll provide you with: job stability, continuous on-the-job training, long-term career paths and growth, competitive compensation and salary package coupled with exceptional benefits and working for a healthcare organization that’s quickly growing and making a difference!
Keywords: Radiologic Technologist; Rad Tech; X-Ray Tech; X Ray Tech; RT; Radiology Tech; X-Ray Technician
- Prepares patients for X-Ray exams, positions patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams as ordered by the treating clinician.
- Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
- Maintains quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality assurance records, as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as requested for referrals and/or copying.
- Keep logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals. Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
- Administers drugs or chemical mixtures orally or as enemas to render organs opaque.
- Assists in treating diseased or affected areas of body under supervision of Physician, by exposing area to specified concentrations of x-rays for prescribed periods of time.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
- Keeps logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
- Makes minor adjustments to equipment.
- Assists providers during examination and treatment.
- Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Completes quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center.
- Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
- Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
- Manages patient flow and volume. Keeps patients informed of expected wait times
- Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping. Ensures accuracy in documentation.
- Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
- Answers telephone as needed.
- Attends center staff meetings as required.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current licensure by the state in which employed, if state offers a licensing certification program
- Current registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), or have an equivalent Radiologic Technology credentialing agency
- CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred)
• Customarily has at least six months of demonstrated experience in X-Ray and familiarity with routine medical procedures
• Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Previous medical office experience
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge with all state specific and OSHA requirements regarding radiological procedures.
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required medical tasks.
• Obtain all certifications required of Medical Support Specialists including but not limited to Drug Screen Collection, Breath Alcohol Certification, Hair and Oral Fluids Collection.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Helps lift patients weighting up to 300 pounds to place them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment. Specific vision abilities required for this job include vision acuity at least normal or corrected vision, the ability to adjust focus and have color translation perception, the ability to discern the differences in color that allows to operate equipment and review documents/developed films.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Center Achievement Bonuses
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $31.75 to $41.27 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans