Vice President of Medical Operations - California
The Vice President of Medical Operations works under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and in coordination with the VP of Operations, the VP of Therapy Services, and the VP of Sales to accomplish the goals of Concentra Health Services to encourage colleague accountability and to provide quality medical care with a superb patient and employer experience. The VP of Medical Operations delivers clinical guidance and medical management services to Concentra's patients and customers, while maintaining connectedness with the overall business strategy. The Region Vice President ensures market growth by articulating strategy, ensuring efficient implementation, and optimizing financial performance and playbook execution across the Region (Southern California - Fresno and Hawaii ). This candidate will live in the Southern California Market.
- Provide subject matter expertise formulating and executing the clinical innovation strategy, driving for exceptional results, inspiring managers and colleagues, and shaping the company's future.
- Provides leadership development to the Directors of Medical Operations to ensure superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience, and focuses on exceptional execution in delivering clinical guidance and medical management services.
- Ensures delivery of the highest quality of care and monitors it by using both statistical models and chart reviews. Additionally, ensures clinical operations are in alignment with the company's strategic objectives, leverages talent and resources, and champions a collaborative and integrative work ethic.
- Reviews clinic activities and recommends changes to maximize utilization of facilities, services, and staff. Recommends procedures, treatments and/or other courses of action to implement medical and process management protocols, and ensures compliance with all regulatory issues related to utilization management
- Ensures market growth, articulates strategy, implements tactics, optimizes financial performance and playbook execution, and participates in new business development.
- Meets regularly with VPs of Operations, Therapy, Sales and Director of Finance to review financial performance of the zone. Additionally, assists in the development of the Region and regional budgets, and oversees clinical financial metrics and performance.
- Ensures the scheduling coverage for all centers owned, operated, or managed in the area of responsibility.
- Current, unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction as required for clinical and/or business duties.
- Medical Doctor (MD) degree or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from accredited institution.
- Board Certification, preferably Occupational Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine.
- Minimum 10 years direct experience, including:
- Minimum five years' experience in managed care, physician management, occupational medicine, and consulting with employer groups.
- Minimum six years practice in clinical occupational medicine and extensive knowledge of the California workers' compensation codes and statutes
- Minimum 10 years experience developing and leading medical practice guidelines and quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Exceptional business acumen and operational vision. Must see the big picture while managing details. Leadership that combines broad vision with a critical eye for internal operations and quality assurance.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, presentation, listening, telephone, negotiation, business, and medical writing skills necessary to convey information to supervisors, peers, or patients/customers.
- Excellent critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Sense of urgency, accustomed to tight deadlines and fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly adapt to change and stressful situations.
- Superior customer service skills.
- The highest level of integrity.
Working conditions/physical demands
- Office and Medical Center Environment.
- Extensive travel required within assigned region and to corporate office.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Robust Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Extended Illness Days, & Paid Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Concentra Perks Colleague Discount