Medical Billing Office Supervisor
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to use your problem solving skills and knowledge of finance, to help heal America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
The CBO Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day activities of assigned Central Billing Office (CBO) department staff. The supervisor ensures maximum productivity, completion and resolution of assigned projects and duties to achieve established monthly and quarterly accounts receivable goals.
- Identify, analyze, and manage all issues pertaining to accounts receivable and customer service inquiries
- Coordinate, assign, audit and supervise work within departments to ensure productivity standards and goals are consistently met
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key resources including managers as well as external payers
- Participate in weekly AR calls; coordinate activities and share responsibility for projects with other key AR staff
- Establish and maintain the necessary billing and receivables tracking systems to maximize collections and cash flow
- Work with accounting managers to determine the level of automation possible and the necessary personnel to achieve collection goals
- Oversee monthly A/R reporting requirements
- Ensure all cash, A/R reconciliations and sales related adjustments are accurate and performed in a timely fashion
- Supervise staff including performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions
- Implement and maintain department compliances with new and existing policies and procedures
- Ensure timely completion of month-end duties
- Review and analyze weekly past due receivables
- Monitor cash application activities to ensure timely processing
- Review department’s productivity within Concentra policies and the CBO’s targets
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or equivalent job-related experience and/or education
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least three years of progressive revenue cycle experience in accounts receivable, billing or cash application
- Customarily has at least six months of team leadership experience
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Communication and customer service skills, both oral and written
- Leadership skills
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Knowledge of assigned state(s) workers compensation rules and regulations
- Broad knowledge of desktop computer applications
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting and internal control procedures
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel Knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Attention to detail
- Team player, self-starter able to work with little supervision
- Sensitivity to the needs of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veterans