Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of healthcare to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
Assists practitioners with patient care, physical examinations, ancillary tests, and performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to exam room, prepares patients for examination and treatment and assists the practitioner, as requested.
- Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up.
- Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
- Maintains exam rooms, lab area and treatment rooms clean and stocked, maintaining inventory of supplies and re-orders as needed.
- Assists in medical record maintenance.
- Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record processing.
- Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations.
- Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director ( PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical nursing program.
Current registration/license in the state where employed.
Successful completion of UDS, BAT, PFT, FIT, etc., certification.
- Minimum one year experience in occupational health nursing or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations.
- Demonstrated ability to train medical assistants under the direction of the Center Medical Director.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Fast paced environment
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans