Physician Assistant PRN
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner, who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a key contributor within the company. Hone your skills with the chance to join medical expert panels, educate colleagues, and more. Whatever your career goals may be, Concentra will help you get there.
Concentra’s wide network of clinics ensure career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment - 100% outpatient
- Occupational Medicine/Employee Health Focused:
- Pre-Employment & maintenance physical exams offered
- Surveillance testing
- Treatment of any minor injuries sustained in the workplace
- Urgent Care services offered to the public include: sports physicals, travel health services & treatment of minor injuries
- NOTE: The safety of you and our patients is our top priority. At this time, we are not accepting sick visits presenting with COVID-like symptoms
- Our new Virginia locations (Chesapeake and Newport News), opening in June 2022, will be open weekdays only, 8am-5pm
- We do not offer 12 hour shifts
- We are not open evenings or weekends
- Location options:
- As a PRN colleague, you will have the opportunity to sign up for open shifts available locally in Newport News and Chesapeake.
- Optional: you will also have the opportunity to sign up for shifts in Richmond & Glen Allen, should you have interest in travel.
- OnSite digital Xray
- OnSite Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- MD/DO/PA-C/FNP team:
- Plain black scrubs OR business professional attire
- Personalized white coats provided to all new colleagues
- MD/DO/PA-C/FNP team:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
§ Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
§ Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
§ Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift. We use Allscripts Touchworks EMR.
§ Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
§ Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
§ Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
§ Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
§ Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
§ Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
§ In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
Experience in occupational medicine, urgent care, or an emergency medicine setting is preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited PA or FNP program of accredited university
- Board Certification
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date, if not already certified (we provide this CME)
- Active DEA required prior to start date
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- CME opportunities
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Colleague Discount Program - discounts with most Fortune 500 goods & services
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans