Assistant Center Manager
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to use your leadership skills and knowledge of operations to help improve the health of America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
Assists and supports the Center Operation Director with ensuring that the optimal level of care and customer service is delivered to all customers. The Assistant Center Operations Director will assist with leading and managing center support staff and overseeing the daily operations of the medical facility. The Assistant Center Operations Director will assist with coordinating center activities, general facility management, overseeing patient flow throughout the center and supporting the medical providers in the delivery of patient care. Daily interaction with colleagues and patients is required through hands-on center activity including patient registration, checkout and patient care.
- Assists in planning and preparing work schedules and assigns colleagues to specific duties.
- Assists in ensuring the financial performance of the center.
- Assists in developing and maintaining new policies, procedures and training programs for the assigned center.
- Assists with hiring, training, and evaluating Center operations colleagues in consultation with Human Resources.
- Assists Center Operation Director with the hiring, training, disciplining and terminating of back office personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and review of operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists Center Operation Director in conjunction with Human Resources in the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures for Center personnel.
- Assists in preparing annual budgets
- Assists with on-site tours and training of Center personnel to present clinic services to clients to ensure achievement of established goals.
- Provides technical support and/or resources to client and Center personnel.
- Assists with managing on-site nursing services provided by Center to client companies, including billing counseling, and supervision of on-site personnel.
- Administers testing by medical staff to ensure proper performance, and ensures all certifications are current and regulatory procedures are adhered.
- Assists in monitoring marketplace trends and gathers competitive information.
- Assists in coordinating and consolidating services with local vendors to obtain best prices for goods and services obtained.
- Facilitates productivity and customer service.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Some college courses in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field or equivalent directly related work experience preferred
- In lieu of an undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college is equal to one year of directly related work experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least one year of direct management experience
- Customarily has at least six months of healthcare experience
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Tactful and diplomatic communication style
- Outstanding professional demeanor
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
- Effective performance assessment skills
- Continued focus on self-development
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Arithmetic knowledge and its application
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.