Travel Vaccinations, Immunizations & Medicine
Staying Healthy While Abroad
Who Needs Travel Health?
Are you preparing to travel overseas for humanitarian work or a study abroad program? Does your job require you to work in a developing country? Are you an international business traveler, traveling abroad to visit family and friends, or about to go on the trip of a lifetime? Concentra provides travel health services for people traveling to any destination, supporting safe and healthy travel while away from home.
It's more than just vaccinations
Many vaccine-preventable diseases, while rare or non-existent in the United States, are more common in many countries in the developing world. These diseases can disrupt a vacation, delay planned activities, or even worse, leave you hospitalized. Concentra physicians and experienced clinicians are experts in the field of travel medicine and can help you take the proper steps to keep you healthy while traveling. They’ll equip you with medications to prevent or self-treat common diseases, give you required vaccinations, and provide health and safety advice to keep you healthy abroad.
What Does Travel Health Include?
During your office visit, Concentra travel health specialist will provide an itinerary specific comprehensive consultation which includes:
- A comprehensive consultation, including a risk assessment and your specific traveler’s destination report
- Required and recommended travel vaccinations based on your destination, potential risk, and medical history
- Prescriptions for medications to prevent or self-treat common travel-related illnesses
- Health and safety counseling tailored to your travel itinerary, personal medical history, and activities you have planned while abroad
- The latest travel information, health risks, and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), to help decrease your chances of unexpected health problems that can disrupt your travel
Before your trip
We recommend that you schedule your appointment four to six weeks prior to travel since many travel vaccines require multiple shots and take time to become fully effective. However, if leaving sooner, you will still benefit from seeing one of our travel health specialists. Make sure to bring:
- Your patient intake forms
- Your vaccination history
- A list of your current medications
- Your travel itinerary
To schedule an appointment call us at 1 (888) 711-2974.