Wellness research shows that Americans who actively manage their health are more productive, have fewer absences from work, and make fewer demands for medical services. An article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association indicated that a focus on prevention and wellness resulted in a 17 percent decline in total medical visits and a 35 percent decline in medical visits for minor illness.
At Concentra, our comprehensive health and wellness programming is focused on assisting employers in creating or improving wellness in the workplace. Prescribed and implemented appropriately, wellness programs can be far more effective in generating employer savings than reducing employee health care coverage.
Wellness education is a fundamental component to promoting health and productivity, and lowering the total cost of health care. Our health and wellness services combine primary, preventive, occupational, and environmental health services with a focus on improving employee wellness and reducing total spending. Concentra's employee wellness programs can be customized to best suit the health of each workforce. The primary objectives of each wellness program include:
- Encouraging healthier lifestyle behaviors
- Reducing employer health care spending
- Raising workforce productivity
- Integrating worker wellness and prevention into medical plans
Employee wellness program components
There are four key building blocks in every Concentra employee wellness program.
- Program design: Our experienced health specialists will guide you and any key stakeholders through an up-front planning session, consultation, and review.
- Identifying risk factors: By analyzing the results of health risk assessments and biometric screenings, our health specialists will identify and inform each employee about their personal risk factors.
- Health promotion, education, and coaching: Our health specialists will encourage employees to achieve their personal health goals through coaching and wellness education classes, both in-person and online.
- Manage and measure: We'll also provide periodic reports on the health and wellness of your employees and how well they're utilizing program services, such as coaching and classes. These reports might include:
- Executive reports: Customized worker health information that can help you effectively allocate your health care spending.
- Coaching and participation reports: Reports describing program utilization and effectiveness.
- Program planning: A monthly report that helps implement and encourage participation in your employee wellness program through logistics planning, intervention, observances, education, and resources.