Physical Activity & Exercise
Exercise Benefits• Controlled weight
• Increased chances of longer life
• Strengthened muscles and bones
• Improved mental health and mood
• Improved balance in daily activities (especially, if you’re an older adult)
• Reduced risk of illness and disease (such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some cancers)
Have a chronic medical condition?Ask your doctor about physical activity if you’ve been diagnosed with a chronic condition such as diabetes, heart disease, or osteoarthritis or have symptoms such as chest discomfort, dizziness, or joint pain.
Tip 1: Be safe.
Tip 2: Enjoy yourself.
Tip 3: Diversify, creating new physical challenges.
Tip 4: Commit to 2 hours and 30 minutes of medium to high energy activity each week.
Ways to Stay Fit from A to Z
• Hula Hooping
• Ice Skating
• Jump Roping
• Line Dancing • Karate
• Paddle Boarding • Pilates
• Stairs Climbing • Surfing
• Ultimate Frisbee
• Weight Lifting
For more information on fitness programs in general, you can contact your health care provider, Concentra health specialist, visit the CDC's website, or health.gov.