Concentra Promotes Better Health at the Workplace
Employee health is a crucial component in every business and Concentra recognizes the significance of employee health during National Employee Wellness Month. To emphasize the importance of these initiatives, Concentra, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., has compiled a list of ways employees can promote better health at the workplace:
- Use your vacation days – It may feel like there is never a good time to be away from the office, but vacations are a good way to relieve stress. So even if it is just a few long weekends, use your vacation days and don’t take work with you.
- Eat breakfast – There’s a reason it’s called the most important meal of the day – it helps you get the energy you need to start your day. This meal boosts your attention span and jumpstarts your metabolism.
- Exercise - Sweat the toxins, not the small stuff. Exercise can help improve mood through the release of endorphins. Try taking a 30 minute walk during the day to get your blood pumping and promote better circulation. Not only is it an organic solution, it will leave your heart feeling stronger.
“Exercise is an essential component to improving and maintaining good health, and can easily be incorporated into the workday by taking a 30-minute walk or the stairs instead of the elevator,” said Concentra’s Senior Vice President of Medical Operations Bill Lewis, M.D. “Exercise combined with good nutrition and good health habits can help increase energy levels, better sleep, and a more productive workday.”
- Hydrate your body – Water is a crucial component good health. If you don’t consume enough water each day, you may begin to experience dehydration, which can include nausea, headaches, tiredness, and muscle fatigue. Drinking eight glasses of water each day will give your body the hydration it needs.
- Clean your workspace – Germs are found on all types of everyday products, and can be spread in a matter of seconds. During cold and flu season, an office environment can become a breeding ground for germs and viruses. Be sure to keep your workspace clean and wash your hands frequently to reduce the spread of germs.
Concentra emphasizes the importance of health by providing employees with beneficial information and healthy resources. By listening to employers, caring for employees, developing efficient systems, and delivering outcomes-based clinical practices, Concentra has become the leading provider of worksite employee health services for employers in dozens of different industries.