REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS IN THE WORKPLACE
Expert Medical Consultations
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A MEDICAL CONSULTANT
When it comes to evaluating requests for reasonable accommodations, Concentra medical consultants have the training, experience, and resources to offer employers the right level of support. Some of the services provided include:
- Communicating with the employer’s medical provider to gain better insight into the individual’s disability and request
- Producing a detailed report of ADA reasonableness based on ADA and evidence-based practice guidelines
- Recommending workplace modifications or equipment procurement to ensure essential functions can be performed
Some disabilities may not be visible; therefore, the need for an accommodation may not be obvious. If an employer is unfamiliar with appropriate accommodations for the requesting individual’s disability, a Concentra medical consultant can advise the employer on what medical information to request to determine the existence of a disability and necessity for an accommodation.
- Medical information requested must be work-related and pertinent to business necessity.
- If medical information substantiates the individual’s disability and necessity for an accommodation, a medical consultant advises the employer on determining an effective accommodation.
Connect with a Concentra expert
For Concentra HUB support please log in to your account
You need a Concentra HUB account to access employee results.
To access your Concentra HUB account, you must log in. To set up a Concentra HUB account, please contact Concentra Customer Support at 1-844-305-8868. Customer support is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Central Time.
Employees can access their patient records by calling the Concentra medical center where their visit occurred.
I want to ....