Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
As a Physician, you are subject to the medical protocols established by Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, if any, Physician shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program.
Location: Madison, WI
Scope of Practice: Occupational Medicine/Urgent Care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Performs medical assessment of Center patients
- Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for center patients
- Maintains clinical core competency
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards in occupational medicine and standards of Association and Concentra.
- Cooperates and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice, judgment and quality of occupational health care.
- Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by or associated with Association or Concentra.
- Recommends potential means of growth and development for new and/or existing services within the Center; reviews statistical reports relative to Center operations.
- Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director their designee, on a regular basis to discuss quality of patient care and review policies, procedures and records
- Submits periodic reports on activities of the Center to Concentra and Association as requested.
- Assists in scheduling and providing medical coverage for Centers owned, operated or managed by Association or Concentra
- Provides budgetary input sufficient to guarantee that medical responsibilities can be adequately met by the center
- Promotes supports and engages in projects and activities which will develop or improve occupational medicine services delivered at the Center.
- Participates in and assists with routine and episodic quality assurance processes
- Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies
- Participates in development and presentation of education programs for staff
- Represents Association and Concentra as reasonably required at internal and external meetings
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place walk-through and other on-site assessments.
- Regularly calls client representatives upon seeing employee patients for initial injuries and change of duty status
- Participates in the “call” program of Concentra and Association to facilitate after hours and weekend case care
- In the absence of the Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical staff (e.g. physician assistants, nurse practitioners and back/front office staff) to ensure Concentra’s mission is achieved.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients, clients and peers while incorporating Orange Book values
- Dedicated to exceeding customer and patient expectations as measured by NPER/NPS/TATs
- Ensures accuracy when completing and executing tasks and performing quality assurance checks
- Ensures accurate, concise, timely and complete documentation of results and paperwork
- Provides an excellent, compassionate and warm patient experience regardless of patient volume
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs such as scheduling and working additional/different hours/shifts when appropriate
- Ability to consistently deliver quality care in a busy clinical environment
- Takes action to assist in other areas and to do what is needed to ensure an excellent patient experience
- Seeks out opportunities for additional clinical training and self-development in order to consistently provide quality care
- Effectively communicates with all patients, clients, supervisors and peers while incorporating Orange Book values
- Listens to and understands internal and external client needs in order to act and address
- Committed to personal excellence and understands how daily work contributes to center operation as a whole
- Holds self and others accountable. Is willing and able to assist others in order to achieve results
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Education Level: Doctorate Degree
- Degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- Must be board certified by ABPM, ABFM or other medical board in the state where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations, OSHA, DOT
- Demonstrated knowledge of techniques and information needed to diagnose and treat human injuries
- Demonstrated therapy and counseling knowledge
- Demonstrated administration and management knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology
- Demonstrated human behavior and performance knowledge
- Demonstrated customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems evaluation
- Demonstrated manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, speech clarity, and near vision.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, active learning, deductive reasoning and judgment, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers
- Demonstrated ability to instruct skills and to teach others
- Demonstrated reading comprehension
- Demonstrated ability to monitor self and other individuals and to take corrective action
- Demonstrated social perceptiveness
- Demonstrated ability to document and record information