Patient Service Specialist - Full Time
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
The Patient Service Specialist performs complex administrative duties including but not limited to patient registration, patient scheduling, providing excellent customer service to clients, and management of multi-line phone system. This role requires a general knowledge of various systems and/or procedures. This position ensures that every patient is treated with quality clinical care and is provided a welcoming and respectful experience.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Greet patients and visitors
- Communicate wait times to patients and direct them accordingly
- Obtain authorization, as needed, to process patients for services
- Check in patients using appropriate patient management system
- Explain all required forms to patients and ensure proper completion of all paperwork
- Answer incoming telephone lines and direct the caller accordingly
- Contact patients regarding appointment reminders, rescheduling, or cancellations.
- Check out patients in appropriate patient management system and distribute records
- File paperwork, medical records, and correspondence
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and printed forms
- Manage dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury, custody, and control forms
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Attend center staff meetings
- Participate in initial and ongoing training as required
- Complete processing of patient referrals including accurate checkout, paperwork processing, patient education, and communication with Client Support Group
- Assist Center Operations Director or other leader in managing daily administrative functions
- Assist in maintaining a neat, clean, and orderly appearance throughout the facility
- Use employer reporting tool to scan and distribute employer results and paperwork
- Review clinician transcriptions and enter applicable charges via internal charge entry system.
- Perform some medical assistant duties such as breath alcohol tests, drug screens, TB skin test reads and/or other duties as assigned/approved by medical leadership
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months to 1 year
- Working knowledge of state-specific occupational medicine requirements preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers, and other employees
- Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and entry of data into various systems/applications
- Ability to perform all aspects of front office operations
- Drive to achieve or exceed established service standards