Physician Clinic Medical Director
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a Full Time Physician Medical Director. At Concentra, you not only are rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year but also by the recognition you receive as a leader within the company. Your ideas will be heard. In addition to patient care, every Physician has the opportunity to make an impact on procedures and policies at the Center. This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinical environment 100% Outpatient
- Location: Richmond South
- Shifts are weekdays only - no weekends , no holidays, no call required
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- Location: Richmond South
- Occupational Medicine/Workplace Health Focused
- Urgent Care serviced provided to the public (small % of total visits)
- OnSite Digital Xray
- OnSite Physical Therapy Department
- Robust front & back-office support teams
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
Our Concentra locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to help America’s workforce stay healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Core services include:
- Career focused preventive care, including pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals & surveillance testing.
- Treatment of 1 in every 5 minor injuries sustained at work in the United States.
- Early intervention sports medicine approach, to help patients rehabilitate from acute musculoskeletal injuries, via physician’s collaborative approach with on-site physical therapy
- Urgent Care services offered to the community
- Treatment of minor injuries and acute illnesses
- Sports physicals, travel health services & immigration exams
- We do not provide traditional primary care services; we do not manage chronic conditions.
CENTER MEDICAL DIRECTOR JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Leadership that focuses on people development, specifically mentoring, training and developing clinical staff and colleagues
- Execute daily effective and optimal patient care management
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Build an appropriate treatment environment throughout center that follows State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/ WC Regulations
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case
- Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
- Manages clinicians and support staff, and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in an ABMS/AOA recognized specialty
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction - required prior to start date
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare and all payers, as we accept all forms of insurance
- FMCSA NRCME - required prior to start date; we provide this CME
- Must be proficient with basic suturing/laceration repairs and basic X-ray reads
- Must be comfortable seeing a pediatric patient demographic two years and older
- SIGN ON BONUS / Relocation assistance available
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- 24 days annually of regular PTO
- 5 days annually of CME PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Paid extended illness days
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition reimbursement
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans