Are you passionate about engaging a population of people in their workplace and getting them excited about their personal health?
Are you skilled at injury prevention and evaluation, emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and worksite health promotion and marketing activities?
Concentra has an exciting and unique opportunity, and we are seeking to hire a skilled, confident and engaging Certified Athletic Trainer who will work at our onsite medical facility. This is a highly visible and well respected employer in the community and nationwide.
Promotes and maintains health and wellness for client based occupational medicine program focusing on delivering exceptional patient care and reducing work-related injuries. The Onsite Certified Athletic Trainer plays an important role in workers’ compensation case management, worker injury and illness management, providing wellness and prevention services, emergency response team, and return to work job placement at an on-site client.
- Provides basic first aid treatment for non-musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses as specified in Physician Standing Orders, testing such items as range of motion and strength, reflex and sensory integrity, and functional status.
- Identifies, evaluates and refers injured associates to the appropriate clinicians in order to receive the best care for their work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Follows appropriate action plan and standing orders to respond to on-site medical emergencies
- Assists in managing Workers' Compensation cases through claim capture and follow-up.
- Collaborates with client HR and department management on return to work (RTW) job placement.
- Tracks and communicates MSD-related statistics for leadership and process areas.
- Manages pre-employment functional testing process and provides vision acuity testing.
- Coordinates injury prevention programs as well as ergonomic training and evaluation.
- Performs comprehensive ergonomic job analyses, including task analyses, risk factor identification and quantification, posture analysis and body mechanics analysis and supports administrative and ergonomic changes to the work environment.
- Creates job rotation plans for production areas and monitors compliance
- Creates pre-shift preventative activity program and monitors compliance
- Provides objective information about the physical requirements of jobs for:
- Job descriptions
- Referral sources for the purposes of developing restrictions
- Legal and case management for RTW, litigation, and accommodation purposes
- For use in pre-employment and RTW functional testing.
- During rehabilitation, implements treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary (State-specific regulations apply) as specified in Physician Standing Orders.
- Uses innovation, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement interventions.
- Administers drug and alcohol testing.
- Promotes personal health and wellness in the workplace.
- Performs data analysis to measure direct and indirect costs of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Provides monthly and annual reports for rehab utilization, cost-savings, and cost avoidance.
- Performs administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner. Documentation may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets, expense and outcome tools.
- Creates an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness.
- Communicates regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities.
- Attends meetings and serve on committees as requested.
- Authors articles for various newsletters and the company Intranet site as requested.
- Current national BOC certification as an Athletic Trainer and licensure/registration in the state of practice.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification – CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, BLS Healthcare Provider or equivalent.
- Qualifications include Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of kinesiology or ergonomics assessments
Job Related Experience
- 1 to 2 years experience as Athletic Trainer
Job Related Skills/Experience
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge of ATC services consistent with the Onsite setting.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to exercise proper judgment, make decisions, and motivate employees.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Valid driver’s license and mode of conveyance throughout the assigned geographic area of the position.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.