Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant devoted to providing an exceptional patient experience. This position provides an opportunity to operate with an independent nature and with a keen focus on quality care. In addition to clinic duties, as a PRN Physician Assistant with Concentra you will sharpen your leadership skills by joining medical expert panels, coaching back office staff, educating RNs and more. At Concentra, you can directly and positively affect change every day in patients’ lives. You and your team of expert colleagues will help thousands of patients thrive again.
PRN Shift Work
- Sign up for shifts 1-2 months in advance
- Hold privileges with 2 local centers: Glen Allen & Richmond
- 100% Outpaitent
- Our Virginia locations operate Monday - Friday, no nights or weekends
Our Virginia locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to help America’s workforce stay healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Services include preventive care, such as pre-employment fitness for duty exams, maintenance physicals, surveillance testing, immunizations & travel health services.
1 in every 5 injuries sustained in the workplace in the United States are treated by Concentra. Minor injuries may include lacerations, burns, removal of foreign bodies, other minor wounds and musculoskeletal cases. Our centers are complemented with OnSite Physical Therapy to assist with helping our patients restore function and mobility.
Urgent Care services are offered to the community, as we care for patients ages 2 and up for acute injuries, sports physicals, etc. Urgent Care unrelated to the workplace is a small percentage of overall visits; in Georgia, this generally accounts for 2-10%, pending location. We are not accepting sick visits at this time due to COVID (subject to change in the future).
With 522 locations nationwide, our colleagues work together to help keep America’s workforce healthy, one patient at a time. The treatments you provide will make a tremendous difference in the lives of those who look to us for care and comfort.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift utilizing Allscripts Touchworks EMR§ Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Active and unrestricted Virginia medical license
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Minimum of one year of post-graduate of clinical experience in a related setting
- FMCSA NRCME (if not already certified, we provide this CME to all colleagues prior to start date)
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare (for Urgent Care credentialing)
- Must be able to see patients ages 2 and up (for Urgent Care walk-ins)
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans