Emergency Medical Technician Elkton, VA Full Time
Consider joining Concentra as an Onsite Occupational Health EMT. As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, we are looking for an Emergency Medical Technician to represent Concentra at the Merck onsite medical center.
Working one-on-one with patients as a health care provider, you will deliver routine medical care and monitor the flow of patients. Just as critical, we will look to you to mentor and encourage your team members to succeed.
The experience you will gain in this role is limitless, as are the career opportunities within Concentra.
Are you ready to make a real difference, helping to create the future of healthcare? We offer excellent benefits and a culture focused on well-being and ongoing success. At Concentra, we maintain a healing focus, a selfless heart, and a tireless resolve. This second shift position will be working M-F shift times of either 4p-12a or 2p-10p, as needed.
- Attends emergency medical requests as they arise, and renders advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured patients as required.
- Performs initial assessment and first aid management of illness or injury to patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedure.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol, and procedure.
- Provides direct patient care as required in each individual case.
- Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of lower level techs and/or students, as specifically assigned.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
- Completes and transfers patient care information and records as per established procedures.
- Conduct alcohol and urine drug screening for new hires and employees as directed and needed. Procedures for these must be in accordance with federal law and established procedures.
- TB skin testing, flu injections, Hep B vaccinations depending on licensing State Statues.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Coordinate hearing conservation program as required.
- Track and file Hazard Assessments as required.
- Assist with OSHA Recordkeeping (300 Log).
- Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- 12 months experience in job related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures.
- Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques and information needed to treat injuries.
- Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency care.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey information to supervisors, peers and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance.
- Demonstrated ability use judgment and perform critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and control equipment or systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Clinic Environment
- Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans