Nurse Practitioner Elkton VA - Relocation Available
Relocation assistant available.
At Concentra, we maintain a healing focus, a selfless heart, and a tireless resolve.
Under the general direction of the site Nurse Practitioner/Manager and the medical practice oversight of the site Physician Consultant, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) will be responsible for applying healthcare principles and/or nursing principles to a wide range of health services directed toward promotion of optimum health, prevention and management of work-related injuries and illnesses and acute non-occupational health problems for site based employees. The successful candidate must demonstrate analytical thinking, customer focus, excellent communication skills and ability to utilize their protocols and procedures. The NP or PA will be an integral member of the day-to-day operations team in delivering healthcare services onsite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Utilizes the nursing process as a framework for managing patient care through assessment of health status, diagnosis, and the development and implementation of appropriate treatment plan.
- Work autonomously and not require a physician be physically present to carry out the clinical duties including medical surveillance and required testing. If necessary, a physician will be accessible by electronic device at all times for consultative purposes.
- Accurately conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacological agents, patient education, making appropriate referrals to health professional and community agencies. This position will follow the clinical guidelines developed at the jurisdictional level within state collaborative agreement.
- Work with Corporate and divisional management, physicians, attorneys, and third party administrators in the facilitation of medical care as well as functionality of site based employees to ensure they remain healthy and productive.
- Assess the need for accommodations of employees that potentially have disabilities through the delivery of programs and policies such as corporate drug and alcohol policy, fitness for duty and certification of absence information.
- Examine patients and compile patient medical data and examination results
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests
- Compile patient medical data, including health history and physical examination results; interpret diagnostic test results for deviations
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and managing infections
- At least 1 year of full-time consecutive clinical practice as a NP or PA in episodic medical care and emergency care required.
- Certification in CPR with AED use required.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Skilled in the treatment of minor trauma and orthopedic injuries
- Knowledge of the techniques and information needed to diagnose and treat human injuries
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans