Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Danville, VA Full Time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Work in collaborative practice with Psychiatrist.
- Evaluate and manage psychiatric disorders.
- Coordinate appropriate follow up care, referrals, and case management.
- Performs crisis intervention and medication management.
- Examine the patient/client and determine the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program – The VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Develop and implement long and short range treatment plans.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow up care.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and graduate of an accredited program for nurse practitioner (MSN required), including preceptorship
- Board Certified as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner by an appropriate/applicable professional organization (i.e., ANCC/AANP)
- Current valid nursing license in the state in which the clinic is located.
- Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (must be renewed annually)
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Minimum one year clinical experience as a psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Knowledge and experience managing psychiatric medications, psychiatric models of care, and community agencies most frequently used in mental health care
- Strong computer skills
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Talk to a Recruiter
With 19 years total of recruitment experience I love what I do every day. I care about your career and I understand the demand for great clinicians within this country. Coming from a long family line of healthcare professionals I know your careers are important. Concentra allows all of our Clinicians an opportunity to be great, to do great and excel higher.