Physician Clinic Medical Director Full Time - Norfolk
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Physician Center Medical Director: This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
NEW location - grand opening July 2023 in Norfolk - new state of the art medical center!
Monday - Friday
- 100% Outpatient
- Occupational Medicine/Workplace Health/Employee Health Focused
- Partner with On-Site Physical Therapy Department
- OnSite Digital X-ray
- Robust front & back office support team
- Collaborate with Center Operations Director & Center Physical Therapy Director
- Provide comprehensive occupational medicine services, including, but not limited to:Preventive services for local businesses: pre-employment & maintenance physical exams, surveillance testing, biometric & wellness events
- Treatment of minor injuries sustained at work & crafting return to work plans
- Urgent Care services (unrelated to the workplace) are also offered
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR
- 100% clinical outpatient environment
- Monday - Friday; 8am-5pm
- No nights or weekends required
- Physician Flexible Dress Code:
- Plain Black Scrubs
- Business Professional
Patient Care / Clinical Outcomes
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case
- Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
- Manages clinicians and support staff, and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations
Patient, Employer, Payer Experience
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics
• Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred in an ABMS/AOA recognized specialty
• Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
• Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
• Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
• Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction - required prior to start date
• Must be eligible to participate in Medicare and all payers, as we accept all forms of insurance
• FMCSA NRCME - required prior to start date; we provide this CME
• Must be proficient with basic suturing/laceration repairs and basic X-ray reads
• Must be comfortable seeing a pediatric patient demographic two years and older
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- 24 days annually of regular Paid Time Off
- 6 days annually of Paid Holidays
- 6 days annually of Paid Extended Illness
- 5 days annually of Paid CME time
- Additional PTO provided in times of bereavement and jury duty
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Monthly RVU Bonus Opportunity
- Quarterly Quality Bonus Opportunity
- Annual Base Salary
- Annual Director Stipend
- Medical Malpractice Coverage - Claims Based, Tail Provided
- CME Allowance
- Reimbursement of dues on relevant: certifications, licensure, journals, membership
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Concentra Perks At Work - Colleague Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans