Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant PRN
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
Subject to the medical protocols established by Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, if any, Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program.
Open shifts: Monday through Friday 8A - 5P, no call and no weekends.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Examines patient, compiles patient medical data and results of examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Assists in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice judgment and quality of occupational health care.
- Assists in the development and presentation of education and instructional programs.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients, clients and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
- Dedicated to exceeding customer and patient expectations as measured by NPER/NPS/TATs.
- Ensures accuracy when completing and executing tasks and performing quality assurance checks.
- Ensures accurate, concise, timely and complete documentation of results and paperwork.
- Provides an excellent, compassionate and warm patient experience regardless of patient volume.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs such as scheduling and working additional/different hours/shifts when appropriate.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality care in a busy clinical environment.
- Takes action to assist in other areas and to do what is needed to ensure an excellent patient experience.
- Seeks out opportunities for additional clinical training and self-development in order to consistently provide quality care.
- Effectively communicates with all patients, clients, supervisors and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
- Listens to and understands internal and external client needs in order to act and address.
- Committed to personal excellence and understands how daily work contributes to center operation as a whole.
- Holds self and others accountable. Is willing and able to assist others in order to achieve results.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors’ degree in related health field from an accredited college or university
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of an accredited PA or NP program of an accredited university
- Board Certification
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- FMCSA NRCME is required prior to start date - we provide this CME for colleagues not already certified
- DEA required prior to start date
- Customarily has at least one year of demonstrated experience in occupational medicine, urgent care or an emergency setting
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that govern delivery of rehabilitation services
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures and all processes involved in the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education