The Consumer Health Physical Therapy Coordinator maintains high standards for quality and an exceptional patient experience in accordance with Concentra’s policies, procedures and applicable regulations. The Consumer Health Physical Therapy Coordinator processes referrals and authorizations and works closely with patients and payors to achieve a positive impact on patient outcomes.
Are you ready to make a real difference, helping to create the future of healthcare? We offer excellent benefits and a culture focused on well-being and ongoing success. Consider joining Concentra as a Consumer Health Physical Therapy Coordinator.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls according to the service guidelines of the department.
- Communicate pertinent information to the consumers and patients to meet their service request needs.
- Verify patient’s private health benefits up to and including deductibles, co-pays, and out of pocket expenses.
- Ensure appropriate networks and plans are contracted with Concentra for physical therapy.
- Make outbound calls to Tricare active duty and retired military members and their families to schedule initial evaluations.
- Coordinate scheduling appointments, appointment confirmations, and appointment reminders.
- Enter detailed and critical information into systems per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to effectively document and present information via written and verbal communications.
- Provide all necessary information (medical records, transcripts, authorizations, etc.) to appropriate stakeholders.
- Participates in quality assurance programs including case review and ongoing training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directly responsible for meeting performance requirements and for accurate completion of daily assignments.
Reports to Customer Support Supervisor and/or Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in a call center atmosphere.
Job related experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in medical field - service delivery preferred (referrals, claims, insurance, billing, etc.)
- Knowledge of insurance verification preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate (both written and verbal) effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Must display proper business etiquette and be skilled in the arts of diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Exemplary decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain productive business relationships.
- Assert oneself appropriately, with firmness and respect.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Confident in abilities.
- Self-awareness – emotional intelligence.
- Eager to learn and grow in role
- Welcoming, Respectful and Skillful
Working conditions/physical demands
- Office environment.
- This position requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or covered veteran status.