As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, Concentra has an exciting opportunity for you. If you are passionate about promoting healthy lifestyle changes and to support our focus on health, wellness and the patient experience, this positon is a perfect fit. We are looking to hire a BC/BE physician who will work as a physician at our onsite medical center that is located on the premises of our customer's corporate office facility in Plano, TX. The customer is a large and well respected national company. Onsite clinical care offers many advantages including the opportunity to develop strong relationships with the employees and to coach them to live healthier lives. You will serve as the center's main physician with oversight of a physician assistant; and work as a team with your center manager (Center Operations Director), two medical assistants, front office assistant, and a dietician to provide concierge type of dedicated health services to the onsite customer's employees and their dependents. You will also have the opportunity to get out into the office facility in order to learn more about the employees and to assess factors that impact their personal wellbeing. This role is a truly unique experience focusing on patient well-being and clinical care. Are you ready to make a real difference, and help create the future of healthcare? If you are a physician looking for a career which allows you the time to treat patients holistically, please apply. We offer excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Consider joining Concentra today.
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS UNIQUE:
- You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement various health and wellness programs in order to screen for disease and practice primary prevention.
- Our onsite centers are only open to our employer partner's employees and their dependents. You will have the opportunity to develop long standing relationships with this patient population, build their trust, and truly help influence their health and wellbeing.
- You will have the ability to integrate onsite dietician, employer sponsored disease management programs, and other onsite staff into the treatment model in order to ensure that patients get all the help they need on their journey towards a healthy lifestyle.
- You will have access to clinical best practices and our Medical Expert Panel recommendations.
- We offer an EMR to assist you in your documentation.
- This is an opportunity to practice medicine as you envisioned it without having to complete all of the paperwork required by payers in the community practice setting.
- Warm and welcoming clinic environment.
- Medical support staff to assist in the day to day operation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with and supports other onsite staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association, and Concentra.
- Meets with Director of Medical Ops to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Works with the Center Operations Director to ensure daily operational readiness.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to ancillary medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Coordinate with and refer patients to employer sponsored wellness/benefit programs.
- Interfaces with the client contact and Concentra leadership to report on aggregate data pulled from the EMR. These stewardship reports take place quarterly and provide the client with a better understanding of the return on their investment in the health center.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction.
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in family practice or internal medicine.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred two to five years of experience in primary care, urgent care or emergency medicine setting.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
Talk to a Recruiter
Caroline is a results oriented Corporate Recruiter with over 20 years of recruiting experience. She will be celebrating 12 years with Concentra and supports our South Central and West coast teams in the recruitment of exceptional Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners to work in our clinical practice.