Lead Medical Assistant Front Office
As a Lead Medical Support Specialist with Concentra, you will perform routine medical and testing procedures under direct supervision of the treating clinician. You will also ensure that every patient is treated the Concentra Way: with quality clinical care and by providing an excellent patient experience from welcoming, respectful and skillful colleagues.
• Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
• Performs rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.)
• Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing.
• Responsible for performing routine medical procedures as ordered by treating clinician.
• Triages and dispositions all patients
• Assists providers during examination and treatment
• Prepares for and assists clinician with surgery set up and injury care.
• Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating clinician.
• Dispenses medications and appliances as ordered by the treating clinician and in accordance with state regulations.
• Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
• Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
• Completes quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center.
• Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
• Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
• Manages patient flow and volume. Keeps patients informed of expected wait times
• Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping. Ensures accuracy in documentation.
• Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
• Answers telephone as needed
• Attends center staff meetings as required
• Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Leads Medical Support Specialist personnel under the direction of the Center Medical Director and/or Center Operations Director.
• Assigns duties and responsibilities for back office staff while monitoring patient flow.
• Responsible for maintenance of all medical equipment and medical devices.
• Responsible for ensuring safety and accuracy in testing/treating patients by ensuring performance of daily, weekly, monthly maintenance and QC/QA activities.
• Ensures that the medical center maintains appropriate stocking of supplies, equipment, medications, testing and treatment equipment for safe and proper patient treatment.
• Provides excellent customer service to all patients, clients and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
• Dedicated to exceeding customer and patient expectations as measured by NPER/NPS/TATs.
ATTTENTION TO DETAIL
• Ensures accuracy when completing and executing tasks such as; drug screens, DOTs, bandaging, dressings and performing quality assurance checks.
• Ensures accurate, concise, timely and complete documentation of results and paperwork.
SENSE OF URGENCY
• Provides an excellent, compassionate and warm patient experience regardless of patient volume.
• Ability to manage time, prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment.
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs such as scheduling and working additional/different hours/shifts when appropriate.
• Ability to consistently deliver quality care in a busy clinical environment.
• Takes action to assist in other areas and to do what is needed to ensure an excellent patient experience.
• Seeks out opportunities for additional clinical training and self-development in order to consistently provide quality care.
• Effectively communicates with all patients, clients, supervisors and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
• Listens to and understands internal and external client needs in order to act and address.
• Committed to personal excellence and understands how daily work contributes to center operation as a whole.
• Holds self and others accountable. Is willing and able to assist others in order to achieve results.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant school (credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations),training as a Medical Assistant or Military Medical Specialist with current Medical Assistant credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
Previous medical office experience preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required medical tasks.
• Obtain all certifications required of Medical Support Specialists including but not limited to Drug Screen Collection, Breath Alcohol Certification, Hair and Oral Fluids Collection.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans