Bilingual Medical Assistant Full Time Houston, TX (Front Office)
We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you. Are you ready to be a part of the team?
Concentra has an opening for a Bilingual Medical Assistant to work in the Physical Therapy Department, handling administrative duties and some MA clinical patient care.
When you build your career with Concentra, you will utilize your Medical Assistant training to learn and grow alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care and happiness.
- Walk patients from therapy to the exam room and write the appropriate information on the provider board.
- Print transcriptions and reports for Center Therapy Director
- Call for authorization and document on correct form. If after 3 attempts, is unsuccessful in obtaining authorization, contact employer and notify Medical Director and Center Therapy Director.
- Call patients daily to remind them of their appointment for the next day and fill out appropriate log.
- Call patients who have missed their appointment and document in the patient chart the reason for the missed appointment.
- Wash/Fold therapy linens.
- Wipe down treatment tables.
- Refill ultra sound bottles.
- Check temperature of hydro collator / paraffin bath and record in daily log.
- Performs HPEs
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as directed by the Center Medical Director, as needed
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews initial referral request for therapy services.
- Reviews PT Authorization Guidelines and Protocol notes.
- Contacts appropriate payer (employer/insurance carrier) to obtain authorization for requested therapy services.
- Submits required documentation to payer to assist in authorization process.
- Notifies the patient of scheduled therapy appointment(s)
- Documents all appropriate information per Policy and Procedure.
- Communicates referral status and/or non-standard issues to the referring CMC
Provider, Center Therapy Director, CSS Manager and other involved parties.
- Communicates with center staff as necessary.
- Submits appropriate reports to CSS Manager/Area Therapy Director.
- Reports to Center Therapy Director, with dotted line to Center Administrator
- Occusource-Check in therapy
- Check out – therapy
- Charge out therapy
- Escorts patients and coordinate flow
- Pulls medical records and process charts
- Calls no shows
- Maintains authorization process/logs
- Tracks Plan of Care
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current credentials in the state of employment
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, clinical office environment
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- At many locations, you’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Perform medical procedures beyond the traditional role
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans