Concentra has an exciting and unique opportunity, and we are seeking to hire a skilled, confident and engaging Certified Athletic Trainer who will work at our onsite medical facility. This is a highly visible and well respected employer in the community and nationwide.
- The goal of the position is to provide worksite injury prevention services and promote health improvement for our client's employees.
- Previous experience with occupational health, wellness and prevention services, and industrial ergonomics is a plus!
- Onsite occupational health offers many advantages including the opportunity to develop strong relationships with the employees, teach them to avoid injuries, and to coach them to live healthier lives.
- You will work directly with our client's nurse manager and Health and Safety Leader to create a healthier and safer workforce.
- Hours of operation 3-11 p.m
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide program coordination and support of health improvement and screening activities, including planning and scheduling work injury assessments, implementing injury prevention programs, performing ergonomic assessments and coaching of job functions, coordinating and performing training programs and other work related ergonomic training for associates.
- Provide first aid care/emergency care and recommend treatment or referrals to a Medical facility, when necessary.
- Assist with safety initiative and regulatory compliance and communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities.
- Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness.
- Tracks outcomes, participant compliance, scheduling, utilization and referrals.
- Current national BOC certification as an Athletic Trainer and licensure/registration in the state of practice.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification – CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, BLS Healthcare Provider or equivalent.
- Qualifications include Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of kinesiology or ergonomics assessments.
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Certification preferred
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.