Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veterans healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate teammates to join our group.
We offer a M-F schedule and our clinics are open from 8-5. There is no call, no evening or weekend work, and we observe paid federal holidays. We offer a rewarding culture of caring and service.
Additional Benefits include:
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Wages
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming, and confidential environment for our patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information in patient’s electronic medical record
- Obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Prepare, assist, and accurately complete all forms
- Support patient care delivery
- Assist providers during examinations and treatment
- Take vital signs and perform all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Collects lab Specimens from patients, and submits received results to medical providers.
- Schedule clinic appointments, patient check in and/or out of clinic, and verify all clinical reminders due at the time of each visit.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited certificate program
- Knowledge of computer systems to include the MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated high quality customer service
- Two years of continuous experience in clinical operations or medical office work post externship
- Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.