Medical Support Specialist PRN Dallas, TX
Coordinates and arranges for Impairment Ratings in support of an Impairment Rating physician including the preparation of charts on the behalf of the physician along with other related administrative tasks.
Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all patient customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is the point person for receiving impairment rating referrals from Central Referrals
- Chart preparation for examining physician per physician’s requirements
- Contact Payor/Adjuster to confirm compensable part of injury and obtains approval for exam
- Coordinates with patient to schedule exam
- Enters charges and exam results into IT system
- Generates final reports out of IT system for physician review
- Distributes final reports to appropriate parties
- Finalizes charges and closes ticket in IT system
- Maintains a log of all exams for future reference
- Arranges outside referrals as needed
- High School diploma/GED required, 2 – 4 years college preferred
- Medical related training preferred
- Medical Assistant or Medical Records Technician Certification preferred
- 3 - 5 years customer service experience
- 1 year telephone call center experience
- 1 year of medical related customer service experience
- All experience requirements may be concurrent
- Customer focused
- Time management skills
- Good telephone etiquette and customer service orientation
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn new software applications.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, accommodate multiple demands for time and resources.
- Medical office environment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.