Certified Occupational Health Nurse Austin, TX
At Concentra, we maintain a healing focus, a selfless heart, and a tireless resolve.
As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, we are looking for an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse (RN) to promote health, prevent disease and help employees cope with industrial illnesses and injuries, as well as being an overall advocate and health educator for employees. Are you ready to make a real difference, helping to create the future of healthcare? We offer excellent benefits and a culture focused on well-being and ongoing success. Consider joining Concentra as an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse.
As an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse you will:
- Meet with leadership to review quality of care/programs
- Develop and improve services delivered at the Center.
- Participates in and assists with continuing education programs.
- Recommend potential growth for new and/or existing services.
- Assess and identify most appropriate patient care in accordance with standing orders including the provision of OTC medications, referrals for external care as identified in signed protocols
- Provide emergency response in physically challenging environment to deliver urgent/emergent care
- Independently administer OSHA required surveillance program based on knowledge of the program requirement
- Ensure actions taken are well documented in the client's OHM EMR.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by properly initiating/maintaining all appropriate information to facilitate OSHA/WC requirements
- Ensure clinic activity is documented well in order to track and trend department activities for client review by utilizing client prescribed tools
- Case Management of work related and personal health conditions
- Other duties assigned based on business needs
- Proficient Microsoft Office and general computer skills
- Must be focused on TEAM Success
- Must be flexible and capable of meeting the needs of the clinic by working afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Registered Nurse License
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (will consider five years occupational health experience but must obtain certification within 6 months of hire.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment within a at a 24hr/7 day per week workplace setting scheduled Wednesday (1) partial shift & Thursday-Saturday (3) 12 hr shifts. Working on holidays is a requirement. Occasionally may need to work different hours than the regular assigned shifts.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled