Occupational Health Nurse Full Time Nights Austin, TX
Center address: 12100 Samsung Blvd. Austin, TX 78754
At Concentra, we maintain a healing focus, a selfless heart, and a tireless resolve.
As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, we are looking for an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse (RN) to promote health, prevent disease and help employees cope with industrial illnesses and injuries, as well as being an overall advocate and health educator for employees and families. Are you ready to make a real difference, helping to create the future of healthcare? We offer excellent benefits and a culture focused on well-being and ongoing success. Consider joining Concentra as an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse.
As an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse you will:
• Meet with leadership to review quality of care/programs
• Develop or improve services delivered at the Center.
• Participate in and assist with continuing education programs.
• Recommend potential growth for new and/or existing services.
• Assess and identify most appropriate patient care in accordance with standing orders
-Including the provision of OTC medications, referrals for external care as identified in signed protocols
• Provide emergency response in physically challenging environment to deliver urgent/emergent care
• Independently administer OSHA required surveillance program based on knowledge of the program requirement and individual required components.
• Ensure actions taken are well documented in the client's OHM EMR.
• Ensure regulatory compliance by properly initiating/maintaining all appropriate information to facilitate OSHA/WC requirements
• Ensure clinic activity is documented well in order to track and trend department activities for client review by utilizing client prescribed tools
• Case Management of work related and personal health conditions
• Other duties as assigned
• Registered Nurse License
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse preferred (will consider five years occupational health experience but must obtain certification within 6 months of hire.)
• 2-5 Years of Occupational Health is required however five or more years are desired.
• Working knowledge of OSHA Regulatory Requirements, Worker’s Compensation and clinical procedures/processes.
• Ability to independently assess and treat health conditions/injuries according to standing guidelines of oversight physician.
• Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
• Superior customer service and “bed side manner”
• Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach
• Accustomed to a fast paced environment
• Professional in appearance
• Confident with doctors, administrators and clients
• Independently Assess and Problem Solve
• Must be Corporate Savvy (Political Acumen)
• Embrace the core practice competencies and ethics of the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses and American Board of Occupational Health Nurses
• Absolute High Regard for Our Customer and the fulfillment of their needs and those of the their employees
• Proficient Microsoft Office and general computer skills
• Must be focused on TEAM Success
• Must be flexible and capable of meeting the needs of the clinic by working afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled