Outcomes Analyst III
The Outcomes Analyst III position will support the reporting and analytical responsibilities within the Clinical Analytics department. Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of employer and clinical reporting and analyses, from determining data acquisition, query and manipulation to final reporting and comprehensive analysis of results, trends and outcomes. Additionally, analyst will also be accountable for special projects, as needed.
- Complete utilization analyses to support clinicians: evaluate practice patterns, trends, outliers and opportunities lending insight to practice patterns or variation in outcomes statistics
- Generate standard reports (daily, monthly/quarterly) to support work comp utilization and reporting
- Develops and executes on low to medium level projects to implement solutions for reporting with frequent management input and supervision; while elevating issues to management when needed
- Complete utilization analyses to support external customers: evaluate clinicians' practice patterns and outlier metrics to explain alignment or deviation from clinical model
- Identify opportunities to improve, document and/or train others on reporting processes and procedures to gain efficiency and productivity
- Work with internal departments to customize reports or analysis for presentations and client meetings
- Involve in UAT/Quality testing for new reports/dashboards and outcomes system database (EDW)
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Direct reports: No
- Indirect reports: No
- Budget responsibility: Not applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytical Science, Math, Computer Sciences, Economics, or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Graduate degrees (Masters and/or Doctorate) are required if job related experiences do not meet the minimum years of experience requirement
- Customarily four or more years of analytical and technical application experience (healthcare experience is a plus)
- Must have the ability to breakdown and assess a problem to understand clients' needs, then using technical tools (such as SQL, Microstrategy, Excel, etc.) to retrieve, clean and analyze data to identify and understand impact of clinical patterns, then present results in a meaningful written dialogue with visuals created from technical applications (such MS Office).
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and other applications
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven database experience (SQL) to manipulate large data sets for analyses
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and present information professionally and effectively to various individuals, groups, and others
- Excellent ability communication (verbally and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible when priorities are re-assessed
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if required.
*This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management*
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans