Director of Construction Dallas, TX
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Director of Construction coordinates activities of construction project management and facility management for the Company, including all center relocations, de novo's and maintenance for the real estate portfolio.
- Continually coordinates with Operations once property leases have been concluded on start-up and on-going property issues.
- Plans and administers construction department budget.
- Reviews real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Once a lease is signed, interfaces with landlord on routine issues and problems related to the lease provisions and overall relationship.
- Routinely conducts department internal audits and seeks remedies to ensure conformance with department policies, procedures and quality specifications.
- Develops and implements appropriate personal objectives that support each fiscal year’s department objectives and the overall Company business plan.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Direct reports: Project Manager(s), Facilities Manager(s)
- Indirect reports: Facilities Coordinator (s)
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Real Estate or in a related field from an accredited college/university
- Valid driver's license
- The position requires an employee to travel to carry out the business of the company, as such access to and/or reliable transportation is required. The employee will adhere to the company’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and may be reimbursed (e.g., mileage) in accordance with company policies.
- Customarily has at least ten or more years of real estate and construction experience in commercial or healthcare construction management. Multi-site and multi-state experience are a plus
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word experience required
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- Successful contract negotiation skills.
- Knowledge with basic construction terminology
- Basic purchasing functional knowledge
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a structured corporate environment.
- A desire to excel
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents/proposals and build strong relationships with contractors/vendors.
- Knowledge of general federal, state and local building codes and OSHA including HIPAA codes as related to facility compliance.
- Ability to work with all levels of management, including senior, regional, center and corporate.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear and utilize fingers for typing, flex or extend wrist to perform other job-related tasks. The employee is continuously required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate PC, office equipment and/or other equipment or tools; and reach, grasp or squeeze with hands and arms. The ability to hear and understand with clarity and detect sound, and have conversation with customers, staff, management, etc. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone and in-person contacts. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Normal or corrected vision for office/field work, the ability to adjust focus and have color translation perception, the ability to discern the differences in color that allow performance of tasks inherent to office/field work. Requires working under pressure during emergency situations or during irregular hours.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have imposed pressure on a routine and frequent basis to meet various deadlines, contact with people in stressful and unpredictable situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and situations with care.
Travel: Moderate travel (may include overnight) up to 30 percent by land or air is required of employee in this position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (i.e., inclement weather, slippery surfaces, wet surfaces, uneven surfaces, humid, cold or hot temperatures, etc.). Also, while traveling the employee will need to adjust to the physical demands that may include: lifting to place luggage in overhead bin(s), standing in line(s), walking, sitting for unknown periods of time, and other physical demands that traveling may impose on a person.
The above statements for physical, mental and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans