Telemedicine Care Coordinator - Full Time
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Telemedicine Care Coordinator. As a Telemedicine Care Coordinator you will be the face of Concentra, making a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care. You will begin with a video intake session, virtually assisting patients with their healthcare needs and coordinating care with a Telemedicine Physician or Concentra center. While you will be assisting patients virtually, you will be based in our Corporate office in Addison, Texas.
The experience you will gain in this role is limitless, as are the career opportunities within Concentra. You will receive hands-on training and gain valuable experience caring for patients every day. Your positive attitude, decision making and excellent communication skills will make a direct, meaningful impact on the patient experience.
The Telemedicine Care Coordinator is the face of Concentra, making a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care. The Telemedical Care Coordinator will begin with a video intake session, virtually assisting patients with their healthcare needs and coordinating care with a Telemedicine Physician or Concentra center. In this position, a positive attitude, ability to make decisions and provide excellent communications will make a direct, meaningful impact on the patient experience.
- Welcome patients and obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient
- Coordinate patient care through video intake call
- Collect and document patient information to include demographics, chief complaint, review of medications, and allergies
- Screen and triage patients based on intake questions
- Route patient to Concentra doctor or other appropriate care
- Administrative duties as needed including scheduling appointments, contacting patients and customers, and answering calls
- Document in electronic medical record
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Customarily has at least one year of experience with patient interaction via phone and video, preferred
- Customarily at least one year of working in a healthcare office environment, required
- Bi-lingual - conversional fluent, can read and write in both English and Spanish, is a plus
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and entry of data into various systems/applications
- Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently when required
- Knowledge of telemedicine a plus
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.