Construction Manager Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Responsible for managing construction projects throughout the US. Within this fast-paced environment, this position must handle multiple assignments and meet designated deadlines with great attention to detail and capital expenditure. Projects may include: new facility construction, relocation, or renovation.
With this opportunity comes the responsibility of planning and coordinating the design of current and future medical centers, the pre-construction bid process, contract negotiation with construction contractors, and all aspects of the construction and post-construction phases. This position requires exceptional communication and organizational skills, frequent travel and the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of construction, renovation, relocation and/or maintenance of medical centers throughout the United States.
- Constructs and maintains Concentra’s portfolio of over 500 locations delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Works closely with the market leadership teams, the corporate real estate team, architects, real estate brokers, landlords, construction companies, various external vendors, and internal support departments (IS, Telecom, Radiology and Procurement).
- Provides “turn-key” project management skills to ease the workload of operational teams.
- Constantly building and refining resource listing of national contractors.
- Works with the operational teams to identify inefficiencies and streamline the “build” process.
- Maintains zone and regional level status reports for the real estate and market leadership teams.
- Identify maintenance cost saving initiatives across the markets.
- Coordinates with internal and external IS personnel for telephone and data cabling specifications and installations.
- Frequent travel (40-60%)
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience (preferably healthcare construction experience)
- Construction experience in retail, commercial and office environments (preferably with medical center experience)
- Customarily has at least five years of demonstrated Construction experience in retail, commercial and office environments (preferably with medical center experience)
- Prefer healthcare construction experience
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word experience required
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- Successful contract negotiation skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in both a structured corporate environment and independently/remotely as necessary
- A desire to excel
- Must have ability to read and interpret construction documents and build strong relationships with contractors
- Knowledge of zoning, construction permitting, general federal, state and local building codes and OSHA including HIPAA codes as related to facility compliance
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information and requires ongoing discretion and secure information management
- Knowledge of building systems (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and security)
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents/proposals and build strong relationships with contractors/vendors
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear and utilize fingers for typing, flex or extend wrist to perform other job-related tasks. The employee is continuously required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate PC, office equipment and/or other equipment or tools; and reach, grasp or squeeze with hands and arms. The ability to hear and understand with clarity and detect sound, and have conversation with customers, staff, management, etc. The ability to speak and understand the English language (a secondary language may be necessary based on the region). The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include vision acuity at least 20/40 (near and far), the ability to adjust focus and have color translation perception, the ability to discern the differences in color.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have imposed pressure on a routine and frequent basis to meet various deadlines, contact with people in stressful and unpredictable situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and situations with care.
Travel: Heavy travel (may include overnight) 40 to 60 % by land or air is required of employee in this position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (i.e., inclement weather, slippery surfaces, wet surfaces, uneven surfaces, humid, cold or hot temperatures, etc.). Also, while traveling the employee will need to adjust to the physical demands that may include: lifting to place luggage in overhead bin(s), standing in line(s), walking, sitting for unknown periods of time, and other physical demands that traveling may impose on a person.
The above statements for physical, mental and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.