Radiology Business Analyst I Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Radiology Business Analyst I is responsible for delivering quality customer service and performing daily task management and radiology application support. Additionally, this role may participate in quality application testing activities which include test case creation, test plans and actual execution of testing. Documentation of test results, as well as defect identification are also included in the tasks associated with software quality assurance.
This position must communicate with other IS resources who are assigned to support application issues and project tasks. They also work with vendors on application issues and act as a liaison between users and vendors to develop requests for additional reports and/or features. The Radiology Business Analyst I will work under the direction of the manager and more senior members of their team. The Analyst may be assigned to small projects.
The business analyst conducts business at the company headquarters during core business hours (8:00 AM CST through 5:00 pm CST every Monday through Friday). Based on business demands, the Radiology Business Analyst may be required to work increased and weekend hours to ensure the success or delivery of critical changes and implementations.
- Assist in the discovery process for change requests associated with application changes.
- Build process and product/platform knowledge to assist as a subject matter expert on our supported channels
- Assist in the creation of business requirements (Waterfall) and/or AGILE stories associated with application change requests
- Assist and participate in the overall software engineering process including process flow, design, functional/non-functional discussions as well as business processes.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding in a timely manner to all issues reported to the Help Desk or assigned to them by their direct manager. This support includes, but is not limited to, application issues, computer or peripheral hardware and software, network connectivity issues, as well as any systems in use.
- Ensure that all issues are logged promptly and accurately with detailed up-to-date information. This includes the creation and logging of support tickets as well as AGILE stories for application changes or more formal business requirement documents.
- Ensure timely escalation of customer problems by documenting the impact to the customer by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target. Initiate escalation, as appropriate, to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace.
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques.
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the mission and direction of Concentra, both within the Information Services department and throughout the corporation.
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures.
- Complete any activities, tasks, and projects assigned.
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times
- Testing of upgrades and fixes within defined deadlines.
- Available to provide on call support, as required.
- Document business processes.
- Develop status reports.
- Follow project methodology.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- 2 or more years IS experience
- 3 or more years application or training in PACS
- Knowledge of radiology workflow
- Previous testing knowledge an asset
- Requires superior teamwork skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner.
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience preferred
- PC Hardware and peripheral experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS.
- This individual will quickly grasp the essence and root causes of an issue. Good at integrating different ideas and points of view.
- Evolves and matures the current systems and applications architecture as needed. Introduces technology best practices and design patterns.
- Recognizes when change is required and deals effectively with the uncertainty of change. Able to assess the implications of risks, and uses a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex problems effectively with rigorous logic and creative thinking. Able to simplify complex processes and figure out the steps to get things done in practice. Recognized for the quality of their thinking and ideas, sought out by others for their advice and solutions.
- Brings to life, support and enthusiasm for the vision with a clear map and milestones. Sets a high performance climate where associates have the opportunity to do what they do best. Finds ways to deploy their strengths and encourages their development. Builds high performing team behaviors with a strong sense of belonging, team spirit and pride. Treats others fairly with trust, dignity, and respect. Embraces diversity by creating inclusive high trust relationships. Has the courage to hold honest candid discussions while being direct and forceful or diplomatic as required.
- Holds frequent development discussions and candid, two-way conversations with others about their performance, career aspirations and potential. Encourages lifelong learning. Monitors progress and results, and designs feedback loops into work.
- Creates focus by evaluating and prioritizing the areas with the greatest impact and eliminating less valuable activities. Focuses on accountability and delivery without blame, pushes and motivates self and others for results. Faces challenge head on. Knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels. Breaks down work into process steps. Develops schedules and tasks. Quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and adjusts for roadblocks measuring performance against goals. Learns from mistakes and seeks and applies continuous improvement. Has the functional/technical knowledge required to do the job and works to keep this knowledge current.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal and external stakeholders. Gains trust and respect through open dialogue. Seeks to understand and anticipate the needs of others, practicing attentive and active listening. Steps up to conflicts by managing them as opportunities, and is able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. Presents facts in a depersonalized and helpful manner. Represents own interests and points of view while being fair to colleagues. Is able to flex their style to meet the requirements of changing situations and the needs of other people. Seeks feedback for personal learning.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.