Director of EPMO Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Director of EPMO position will develop and establish the strategic direction and standards for the team, and the projects/products that will be managed by the team. This position reports directly to the CIO and is a key position supporting all management. The candidate will oversee the various projects that will be led by the team by anticipating and addressing obstacles which could impact the overall success of projects. This position will be responsible for creating an environment in which the team can successfully contribute to the development and deployment of IS initiatives. This includes providing leadership, coaching and mentoring, and accountability for a team of Sr Project Managers and Project Managers.
The position will be responsible for building strong relationship with business and technology stake holders. Responsible for leading the development and implementation of complex projects as well as oversees the execution of solutions impacting profitability and operational efficiencies. Leverages business and industry knowledge and best practices.
- Effectively manage and prioritize the overall project portfolio management, which includes tracking approvals, funding, to full project execution.
- Ability to oversee all projects to ensure appropriate visibility, accountability and escalations.
- Prepare effective presentations with little supervision
- Able to work independently and escalate appropriately.
- Able to communicate and lead projects that span multiple delivery teams. Determine and drive the right tailored planning, status, and metric tracking systems with project teams, internal and external partners and teams input to ensure program on-time delivery and success.
- Evaluate data and metrics to propose new strategies to improve project delivery and develop reports that portray and give external stakeholders visibility into the project landscape.
- This role will directly manage IS/IT team projects in the course of project delivery. Will also be expected to manage IS/IT teams, multiple concurrent projects, as well as different projects throughout the year.
- Prepare and execute realistic cross-team project schedules including milestones and deliverables. Manage schedule and task tracking system and ensure it accurately reflects ongoing work. Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with meeting feature and release milestones.
- Provide leadership on project management processes, methodology, and tools that span multiple business units. Identify and leverage personal and team project management best practices to help successfully scale the Project Management team along with the growing company.
- Works with the project management team to integrate process improvement and development methodologies into current planning and management processes.
- Ensures projects are aligned to company priorities and associated business outcomes and are completed on time, in scope, and within budget.
- Ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve project risks which may impede progress or compromise achievement scheduled milestones.
- Works closely with assigned teams on process improvement and proactively engages with stakeholder to identify and monitor progress and issue resolution.
- Establish and maintain a framework for issue resolution and risk mitigation, as well as the centralized visibility to help planning and scheduling teams to identify the most suitable approach to deliver projects and programs.
- Works with project management to integrate process improvement and development methodologies into current planning and management processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Healthcare experience preferred
- PMP or CPM Certification a plus
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in software development project management and of personal and team accountability and ownership
- Strong leadership, time management, and problem solving skills
- The ideal candidate should have familiarity with different types of projects, processes, and deliverables and the ability to be the conductor of the project/team and be a proactive, solution-oriented, and a strategic leader (not reactive).
- Strong experience in internal and external stakeholder engagement and communications, both written and verbal.
- Proven business process management skills including planning, organizational, budgeting, and time management skills
- Experience growing a company to operate at scale and effectively work in ambiguity with proven results in a high growth environment.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.