Java/J2EE Software Engineer Addison TX Fulltime
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Java Software Engineer will work within a collaborative agile team. Responsibilities include development, reliability, availability, and performance of Java J2EE applications. Application services provide automation, workflow & process improvement, system/application integration, employer and payer applications.
- Design, develop, maintain and ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of applications
- Business Collaboration. Collaborate to understand the business. Create collaborative partnerships with our customers, to understand their vision and the strategy for their business operations. Participate in requirements analysis and develop solutions for all tiers of the application: user interface, business logic, database, and reporting
- Platform Knowledgeable. Provide design, and innovation on existing and future state Database platforms, Application Servers, and Configuration Management.
- Interface and Security understanding. Understand the existing interfaces between systems, the technology interactions, the interrelationships between existing business processes, and the established habits of interaction between existing organizational and other structural components.
- Infrastructure SME. To deliver applications which provide reliability, availability, and performance requires the Sr. Software Engineer to be very familiar with the database-management system, OS, Network, Storage, and other infrastructure services that deliver the applications services which support business services and provide value.
- Build Expert. Provide technical services in Branch Engineering, Build Automation, and Continuous Integration in order to deliver as fast as possible, with the highest quality, and the most business value.
- Caring culture. Foster a collaborative approach to eliminate waste, deliver as fast as possible, and empower the team.
- Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
- Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
- Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
- If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
BS or MS in Computer Science and minimum 2+ years relevant work experience as a Java software engineer.
Required Java skill-set
- Design, develop, deploy and support Java web applications/solutions
- Translate application storyboards into functional and dynamic web pages containing portlets
- Design and develop application layer with external application components
- Develop solutions using best practices in exception handling
- Create deployment scripts and deploy solution to server
- Develop test scripts for unit and Integration testing
- 2+years of JAVA/J2EE experience.
- 2+ years of applying Java design patterns
- Experience building with Angular framework
- HTML, CSS, and JS frameworks; Bootstrap preferred
- 3+ years of portal technologies experience highly preferred
- Spring MVC framework and Struts experience
- Deploying enterprise level J2EE solution.
- Design and development of XML Schema Definitions
- Testing: performing/automating Unit through Integration Testing. System Integration Testing.
- Web Service: experience developing/consuming SOAP/REST Web Services, Configuring WS-Security.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle.
Working conditions/physical demands
This position will be based in an office environment and will require physical demands consistent with other office professionals.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled