IT Report Writer Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
An experienced Report Writer that can work as part of an application team and alongside the BI team. Our projects span numerous functional areas and lines of business within the company. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience working on various report writing platforms especially Microstrategy and SSRS.
- Participate in requirements discussion with business and stakeholders to understand the data integration requirements.
- Participation in requirement gathering sessions with various stakeholders and IS teammates to capture business needs around data integration, data availability, frequency, performance SLAs etc.
- Ability to effectively explain complex issues and concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Gather and translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Full life cycle BI development - Create and modify schema objects
- Understand all source systems involved in depth by leading discussions with source system SMEs and DBAs to develop optimal approach for obtaining data from the source systems
- Perform testing: Unit, Integration, Performance, and Regression testing after upgrades or application changes
- Become an SME on the organization’s data, processes, and business methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Work with the team, SMEs and peers to ensure that the final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Participate in troubleshooting of issues post production or as part of operational support
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
- Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
- Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
- If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
This is a non-supervisory role, reporting to the Center Applications Manager and getting requirements from the business analysts and converting them into analytics for the various business groups.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in computer science, business intelligence, data analytics or other related fields
Candidate will have a strong background in business intelligence and data management technologies and leading practices. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following work experiences:
- At least 6 years hands-on experience in data integration, business intelligence, reporting & analytics or related projects
- 3-5 years experience with SSRS preferred
- 3-5 years experience with Microstrategy preferred
- 2-4 years healthcare data management experience preferred
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
The SQL Developer will possess the following critical skills and competencies:
- At least 3 years experience working on MicroStrategy tools
- At least 4 years experience working on RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, and possessing expert knowledge of SQL.
- Experience working with XMLs, proprietary file sources etc. will be preferred
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence and reporting solutions and experience architecting an MSTR solution for complex BI reporting and analytics solutions
- Self-motivated; Must be results-driven, passionate and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills required; must be able to think critically through problems/requests and have a ‘value-add’ mentality
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with others with clear objectives
- Detail oriented; Strong attention to detail and sensitivity to timelines/deadlines
- Needs good written and verbal skills since interaction with business will be common
- Demonstrating welcoming, respectful and skillful behaviors
Working conditions/physical demands
This position will be based in an office environment and will require physical demands consistent with other office professionals. In addition, there will be occasional travel demands (0-5% of time).
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled