IT Report Writer I Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Report Writer I works as part of an application team and alongside the Business Intelligence (BI) team. Projects span numerous functional areas and lines of business within the company.
- Participate in requirements discussion with business and stakeholders to understand the data integration requirements.
- Participation in requirement gathering sessions with various stakeholders and Information Service teammates to capture business needs around data integration, data availability, frequency, performance service level agreements (SLAs) etc.
- Gather and translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Understand all source systems involved in depth by leading discussions with source system subject matter experts (SMEs) and database administrators to develop optimal approach for obtaining data from the source systems.
- Perform testing: Unit, Performance, and Regression testing after upgrades or application changes
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables.
- Work with the team, SMEs and peers to ensure that the final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Participate in troubleshooting of issues post production or as part of operational support
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience or equivalent.
- In lieu of degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college is equal to one year of directly related experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least three years of hands-on experience in data integration, business intelligence, reporting and analystics, or related projects
- Experience with SSRS, Micostrategy and healthcare data management is preferred
The Report Writer I will possess the following critical skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy tools
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, and possessing expert knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of XMLs, proprietary file sources etc.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence and reporting solutions and experience architecting an MSTR solution for complex BI reporting and analytics solutions
- Ability to effectively explain complex issues and concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Strong background in business intelligence and data management technologies and leading practices
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Must be able to think independently to prioritize work activities; self-motivated
- Requires superior teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity, use of legs, back, arms and hands, as well as eye-hand coordination. Constantly to frequently standing, sitting and walking for prolonged periods of time. Ability to communicate with employees, vendors, staff and clients daily in the performance of the job. Normal or corrected vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to office work. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone and in-person contacts. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices. Able to lift computer drives, monitors, and other peripherals. The ability to lift up to 10 pounds as required by performing the duties of the position.
Minimal travel up to 5% by land is required of employee in this position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (i.e., inclement weather, slippery surfaces, wet surfaces, uneven surfaces, humid, cold or hot temperatures, etc.). Also, while traveling the employee will need to adjust to the physical demands that may include: lifting to place luggage in overhead bin(s), standing in line(s), walking, sitting for unknown periods of time, and other physical demands that traveling may impose on a person. The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have imposed pressure on a routine and frequent basis to meet various deadlines, contact with people in stressful and unpredictable situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and situations with care and protecting patient and employee data is critical.
The above statements for physical, mental and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.