Senior Database Engineer Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Senior Database Engineer will be responsible for the management and maintenance of large-scale database environments under general direction from the DBA manager. This individual also assists in the design and implementation of database systems and in providing guidance on the selection of appropriate database software. This individual must have strong working knowledge of database management and programming techniques and is expected to work with little supervision.
- Install, design, maintain, backup and administer SQL Server versions 2008R2, 2012,2014,2016
- Troubleshoot and tune any SQL Server Performance issues
- Capacity planning for all databases
- Configuration of SQL Servers
- Security Setup of SQL Servers
- Provide production support of Oracle and Sybase Databases (including adhocs,Releases)
- Install, design, maintain and administer SQL SSAS (Analysis Services), SSIS (Integration Services) and SSRS (Reporting Services)
- Install, Design, Maintain and administer SQL Clustering
- Provide non-production support of Oracle and Sybase Databases
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Customarily has at least eight or more years of database administration experience in production environment
- SQL server 2016 support of large databases (over 1TB)
- Installation of SQL Server
- Installation of SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Performance and tuning of SQL Server 2016
- Backup/restore of SQL Server 2016
- Support of SQL Server SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- Additional support of any other relational database management system other than SQL Server (Oracle, Sybase,MySql,DB2, etc.)
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Experienced with working in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of database design
- Working knowledge of database queries
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Client tools
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Accustomed to a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Takes ownership of task
- Must be able to think independently to prioritize work activities
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Requires moderate interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that customer requests or needs are met. Acknowledges and clarifies customer inquiries, requests, or complaints to ensure that needs are identified, documented and addressed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Continuous sitting for extended periods and occasionally standing or walking. Ability to use various formats to communicate with employees, vendors, staff and clients. Normal or corrected vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent common office work. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone and in person contacts. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have imposed pressure on a routine and frequent basis to meet various deadlines, contact with people in stressful and unpredictable situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and situations with care and protecting patient and employee data is critical.
Travel: Minimal overnight travel up to 10% by land or air is required of employee in this position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (i.e., inclement weather, slippery surfaces, wet surfaces, uneven surfaces, humid, cold or hot temperatures, and other unknown weather conditions). Also, while traveling the employee will need to adjust to the physical demands that may include: lifting to place luggage in overhead bin(s), standing in line(s), walking, sitting for unknown periods of time, and other physical demands traveling may impose on a person. The above statements for physical, mental and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.