Enterprise Architect Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Systems Architect will be responsible for driving overall Concentra architecture for custom purchased applications, custom development, and vendor owned applications. In this role, this leader will direct applications strategy and requirements development with key IS and business owners and stakeholders. The architect engages with and manages the relationships with stakeholders to gain a strong understanding of the business needs and how software can enable the required business functionality. This position works across Concentra business units and within IS to ensure that project and production objectives are successfully met.
- Provides architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by designing, developing, upgrading, releasing and maintaining Concentra’s business capabilities using a planned and structured process.
- Will consult with stakeholders to identify their needs and builds and maintains architecture, applications and solutions that will balance competing client needs and priorities, improve business processes, meet targeted project business and performance criteria.
- This individual will quickly grasp the essence and root causes of an issue. Good at integrating different ideas and points of view.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting edge solutions that are scalable.
- Evolves and matures the current systems and applications architecture. Introduces technology best practices and design patterns.
- Is able to provide technology process leadership to develop lean and agile processes to quickly deliver the product or feature with acceptable quality to market.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and lines of business.
- Provide technical leadership to team members to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to align product to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Oversee Concentra Architecture Review Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- An advanced degree in business and/or computer science is preferred.
- At least 12 - 15 years of experience architecting in a dynamic environment managing complex and often conflicting product requirements from a diverse group of external and/or internal customers.
- Strong track record of success in the architecture and development of software and delivery of database management and/or workflow solutions in an organization where speed of change is a constant. Ideally this person will be knowledgeable in Microsoft .Net and Java platforms and tools, as well as contemporary desktop and mobile oriented software (AngularJS, SOA, HTML5, wikis, blogs, tags).
- Direct database experience with both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases development. Introduce technology best practices and design patterns. Well versed with content and knowledge management tools and products like Sitecore and SharePoint.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of system architecture, provides innovative code development approaches, database development and application integration efforts.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customer service. Ability to coordinate and work with other departments.
- Evolve and mature the current systems and applications architecture as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and help remove blockages for the teams. Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working in Agile development methodology team environment.
- Able to apply knowledge and analytical thinking to work through issues.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Inherent knowledge of architecture and development processes and best practices to influence multiple, large scale, and co-dependent systems software development projects consistently on time and on budget. Experience in software management and integration of complex systems from numerous development sources including matrixed internal organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing enhanced product development processes that shorten release cycles and improve “time to market” for new products.
- Proven ability to work effectively with the business leaders in defining product architecture, requirements and specifications.
- Strong communications skills to across the IS organization, business units, and customers.
- Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Recognizes when change is required and deals effectively with the uncertainty of change. Able to assess the implications of risks, and moves others to action, uses a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex problems effectively with rigorous logic and creative thinking. Able to simplify complex processes and figure out the steps to get things done in practice. Can be counted on when times are tough to do the right thing. Has the courage to take difficult decisions and act ethically. Recognized for the quality of their thinking and ideas, sought out by others for their advice and solutions.
- Brings to life, support and enthusiasm for the vision with a clear map and milestones. Sets a high performance climate where colleagues have the opportunity to do what they do best. Finds ways to deploy their strengths and encourages their development. Builds high performing team behaviors with a strong sense of belonging, team spirit and pride. Treats others fairly with trust, dignity, and respect. Embraces diversity by creating inclusive high trust relationships. Has the courage to hold honest candid discussions while being direct and forceful or diplomatic as required.
- Creates focus by evaluating and prioritizing the areas with the greatest impact and eliminating less valuable activities. Focuses on accountability and delivery without blame, pushes and motivates self and others for results. Faces challenge head on. Knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels. Breaks down work into process steps. Develops schedules and tasks. Quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and adjusts for roadblocks measuring performance against goals. Learns from mistakes and seeks and applies continuous improvement. Has the functional/technical knowledge required to do the job and works to keep this knowledge current.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal and external stakeholders. Gains trust and respect through open dialogue. Seeks to understand and anticipate the needs of others, practicing attentive and active listening. Steps up to conflicts by managing them as opportunities, and is able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. Presents facts in a depersonalized and helpful manner. Represents own interests and points of view while being fair to colleagues. Is able to flex their style to meet the requirements of changing situations and the needs of other people. Seeks feedback for personal learning.
Working conditions/physical demands
This position will be based in an office environment and will require physical demands consistent with other office professionals
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.